Thursday, June 30, 2005

I see some recent comments have been made about my publications. Word to the wise Mr.Venom. Hateration is the best form of flattery.

Lately i've been thinking. Do nice guys really finish last? They never get the girl in high school. Women never rub the booty on them in da club, No chick is coming to their home in a coat with nothing underneath. But do they really finish last?

Take a look around you, pick up a jet magazine. Look at the nuptials section. Beautiful women are married to geeks, nerds & scientist. Now I'm not hatin but these guys were outcast in any high school in America.

So one day I decided to try a little experiment. It involved Mr.Venom. Mr Venom is a bright, intelligent & gainfully employed, but he's weeee bit conservative. Some women might consider him a nerd. One day I heard my little cousin's friend complaining about how she can't find a good man. I told her about Mr.Venom. Gave her a description 6 ft, neatly groomed stock broker with a very good company. Her eye's lit up "I wanna meet him , I wanna meet him" I'm like kewl i'll set it up. About a week later they meet at an after work venue I promote weekly. The body language from her was like "Is this the guy you were talking about. He's not my type" Now I thought her type was a nice man with manners and a good education which Mr Venom clearly is.

My Theory on why this happened. Homegirl just wasn't ready . Let her go through a few more pretty boy assholes and Mr.Venom will be looking like her favorite slice of Juniors Cheescake.

Now for experiment number two. I have a friend.We'll call her bashment gyal.She's a little older than the young lady in experimant # 1 and has been through some real assholes. I tell her "Bashy time for a change" she doesn't agree. So I have Mr.Venom sit with her one night while at my Friday night venue. To my surprise she was enjoying his convo and her body language was very positive. Numbers are exchanged. No need to explain the rest.

So you tell me.Do nice guys really finish last? I don't think so. Its only going to get better for them. Cause assholes have a tendency to be consistent.


Oh by the way my new friend did leave me a nice little message today.Wanted to know how my day was going.That was nice. Its been a while since any woman besides my mother has done that.

I'm out...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Mr. Slish you have to realize that this is not hating but tough love. It's like when the lioness carries her cub by the neck. You would think that an animal with such a powerful grip would be crushing but it actually isn't. That's all I am doing for you. Grabbing you by your neck because sometimes you don't know any better......Jerk. I don't know if you wanna call it an experiment because I felt like a damn man-whore and Mr. Slish was the pimp. I swear people I think he called me his bottom bitch at least once. Nice guys do finish last in high school and college. But as nice guys get older we mature alot better than the "cool" guys and in the end we don't end up last. I am not going to go into experiment number one or two but lets just say experiement number 2 is still going, with positive results. Here is a nice message for Mr. Slish since he doesn't get them often. Your slip is showing sweetie just wanted to let you know before anyone else sees it.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know there have only been 3 entries so far but I must say I'm hooked!! I was so hoping that there would be something written about yesterday's escapades, exploits or mere thoughts. I probably have known Mr. Slish the longest (unless his mama has been reading!!) but I must say each time I read, I gain some insight into his life that I never had before. Who knew?!

I actually know the young lady in Experiment # 1 and I can recall talking to her and Slish about when she finally met Mr. Venom. Maybe she wasn't ready or maybe, just maybe Venom really wasn't her type. He-llo--that does happen, you know? Although some people don't like to admit it, a lot of us do have a type (physical or otherwise) to whom they're attracted. Personally I don't think anything's wrong w/ that so long as you're honest with yourself and others about it. I don't know how old most of Slish's readers are but I know I'm too damn old to be playing games at this point. If you know you're not attracted to a person from the beginning, just say so. Please don't believe that you will "grow to love" that person or someday be attracted to him or her. You'll find yourself celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary talking about "I can't believe I married this fool! What the hell was I smoking, I mean, thinking???"

That's all for now. I'll be away for a while but I look forward to reading what fireworks jumped off for Mr. Slish and Friends this 4th of July weekend!! Till next time!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not that little! Anyway, my dear friend, who you so lovingly refer to as "Experiment #1" thought that Mr. Venom was (& still is) a nice guy. What is the problem with a woman wanting to have a man that possesses the total package? God knows I hear you & some of your Neanderthal friends talk about the women that you want and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. My question is, do they want you? What’s wrong with a sistah requiring the same? I know that it should not be all about looks & all of that superficial stuff but we live in a superficial society. Men always talk about wanting a “dime” so should women want less? We all have high aspirations & that’s fine. Point is don’t settle for what you don’t want. Be honest with yourself & the person your with. Truth be told we all want what we can't have and always have what we damn sure don’t want.
Keep writing, you have all the girls in my office hooked.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home