Monday, July 04, 2005

Fourth of July is just not the same. I remember back in the day. I would be on my 3rd BBQ for the day or hosting my own event. This year something was planned but my buddy Corporate America suggested we scale it out down. Have a little get together at his penthouse. Thats right I said penthouse. Corporate America is very successful. Engineering degree from Drexel & an MBA from Wharton school of business. Funny when we first met I didn't take him as the egg head type. I thought school was an after thought to him. Back in the day he could party. When the hell did he have time to study?

I get to Corporate America's place about 10pm . I would have been there earlier but Entourage was on and I had to pick up our buddy Dough Boy. As Dough Boy and I are walking through the parking lot we see a Benz followed by a 84 or 85 bmw driven by two attractive sista's. They drove by like they were looking for someplace to park. Something inside told me I would see them again.

I'm in the Shangrai La now. I greet Corporate America's new love interest The Consultant. Didn't expect to see her. Thought she was away on business. Anyhow i'm glad she's here. Corporate America will be too busy entertaining her and won't have anytime to heckle me about my Saturday night meltdown with Hot Mama.

15 minutes later guess who comes strolling into the living room with Corporate America. The sista's from the parking lot. Introductions are made. I take a closer look at one of them and my slish sense starts to tingle. Where do I know this sista from. Its got to be from television. The spots I frequent never have women of this calibur just sitting around all willie nillie. Then it hits me. In 2002 I kinda got hooked on this metro t.v reality series called Living Single In The City. She was one of the women featured on the program. I pull Corporate America to the side and tell him what my slish sense has just discovered. He say's ask her. I'm like its not that deep brah. Fuggetaboutit.


We all go out to the deck. Dough Boy is about to get his burn on with the steaks we bought. I hand Coporate America a mixed cd to lighten up the mood. Cd starts to play . Ms. sex in the city is grooving to my beats. Then Corporate asks her about all the things I whispered to him earlier. Turns out my Slish sense is sharp as ever. I ask a few questions about the show. She answers everything politely and thanks me for watching. Now I didn't forget about her girlfriend the Author. Turns out she co wrote a book called The Bap Handbook(random House). So far i'm spending my evening with two quasi celebrities. This might turn out to be an interesting evening.

Hour or so later the Sangria has everybody bubbling. Corporate America is attempting to embarass me in public as usual. But I cut him off at the knees he can't make fun of me If I'm already ragging on myself. Takes the bite out of it.

So far Sex in the city and The Author find my stories quite entertaining. They were probably laughing with me or at me the whole time. I was too tipsy to tell the difference. But I did enjoy their company . Now your probably wondering if got a phone number. The answer is HELL NO!!!!! Should have tried though. Would have added more comedy to my weekend if I had been shot down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

You would think a person who always has advice to give would follow his own. Mr. Venom you need to do this, Mr. Venom you need to do that. Trust me I know what I am talking about Mr. Venom.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home