Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Young Jedi

Hey Bloggers. Its been a year since I've been doing this tell my business to the Cyber Space community. I must admit I'm glad I did it. I have learned, laughed, and empathized with so many of you. So this week I'm going to give you the best of Slish. There are some folks out there that have already read these stories. All I can say is READ EM AGAIN!!!


I take pride in my understanding of the opposite sex. I've always been able to anticipate their wants, needs, & desires. Why I am still single then ? Well. I never said I understood myself. Without knowledge of self its hard to maintain relationships.

Now my knowledge of the opposite sex was not some innate ability I developed over the years. It was taught to me by my best friend. The Phantom. His super power. The ability to see you without you seeing him.

My training began in the summer of 1993. We both shared an apt in the Bronx. His rule was " Slish while your living here with me your going to have to check that nice guy shit at the door. I don't need you fucking up my flow. So my training began. It started with simple stuff like

1. Never call a woman the day after you get her number shows desperation.

2. Don't do too much extra shit early ex Flowers, candy, plays. WHY? When you f#$%K up you would have already run out of tricks to make up for it .

3. Always tell the truth. Why ? So when shit hits the fan she can't call you a liar. Women seem to loooove that word.


4. Leave all incriminating evidence out in the open. Women never look for the obvious.


5. Never ever ever ever ever Lie on your dick. Its bad Karma. Can cause impotence.


6. If you're going to cheat. Your side chick should never come before your Girlfriend. ex You have a date with yo side chick and wifey calls you. Go see WIFEY!!! Brothas get caught when they get greedy.

7. Never introduce your girlfriend to your boys girl. WORLDS COLLIDE!!! They will conspire against the both of you or compare notes. Ex "Slish took you to a play and SHOPPING!!! " Yo Boys girl " WHY YOU NEVER TAKE ME TO A PLAY OR BUY ME NICE JEWELRY LIKE SLISH!!!!

8. If your stepping out to do some dirt. Call Wifey first. Make sure you tell her all the things she needs to hear. Most likely she'll be too caught up in " MY MAN LOVES ME thoughts to bother calling you back to check up on ya. ( You ladies might be looking at me sideways right now but believe me that shit used to work.)


With this new found knowledge Mr Slish was born. Now there were a few hit & misses at first but I was a quick study . I made my teacher proud. Before you knew it we became legends amongst our peers . Our Motto " Nuh Bwoy Test Me Nuh Pussy Brush Gainst Mi" Lay man's terms " We don't take no shit and a strangers lady is not safe in our company".

Over the years this system was modified and I took it upon myself to take on a few pupils. One of them I am very proud of is Boogie Baby. I met Boogie Baby in 98 he was a local Dj in need of some business cards. I referred him to one of my boys. Thats how our friendship began. During our interaction I thought to myself this is one cool brotha. Dependable, Loyal, always in a good mood. I must know at least one sista he could get with. So I started bringing him to my usual haunts. To my surprise the fish weren't biting. Consensus. " Yo Boy has no flavor " Thats when I heard The Phantoms voice " You must train him Slish. The force is strong in this one " Boogie Baby's training began shortly after.

It was tough at first. Since he was a dj he had this strong hip hop personality. Nikey's top ten, Phat Farm & Sean John. Nothing wrong with those labels but if you want to stand out from the rest. You can't wear someone elses name on your chest. A couple of trips to Banana Republic, Armani Exchange & Kenneth Cole. Boogie baby was a new man and the ladies noticed ( Well just the ones that didn't know him before the make over).

A few years go by Boogie Baby is no longer a Dj. He traded his turntables in for a laptop. Thats right he evolved into a computer engineer.( Microsoft certified). Making good money and living in a condo in money earnin Mt. Vernon. Around 2004 at my movie shoot. ( Don't ask thats another story) Boogie baby is introduced to this vanilla sista. A show stopper at that. Truth be told. I didn't think he had a chance. But with my training and guidance. He pulled off the biggest upset of 2004 . Clipperman didn't even see it coming. He was also in heavy pursuit of this prize.

The relationship started out hot and heavy. Already Boogie Baby broke rule number two of the Phantom Commandments. Why? Pretty face, nice body can cause brain damage. 6 Months in he's in love & Show Stopper loved him back. But when an average guy dates a pretty woman. His mind can play tricks on him. All of a sudden every guy she knows is a threat, A night out with her girls is unacceptable, & your boys become a distant memory cause you spend most of your time with her making sure no one else can steal your prize. Big Mistake . Recipe for Disaster.

To make a long story short. They broke up about a year ago. I haven't heard from my boy since. Probably blames me for it. I've reached out to him several times. He doesn't return my calls. If your reading this bruh. Call me . Don't want to lose you as a friend. Lifes too short.

19 Comments:

Blogger ChezNiki said...

You MUST be getting married soon. You telling all the Man Secrets, emptying your little Black book, and making up with long lost friends and all that...Yeah, youre a gonner.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Yeah Slish, I'ma have to agree with Nik. You gettin mighty sensitive on a sista. I'm saying, I know you can't tell us here because Barney's reads this...buttttarummmmm you musta been shopping around for that ring and about ready to pop the question cause you turnin state's evidence like crazy. Ya'll should have two weddings...a real one and a blog one so you can invite all of us LOL!!

I feel bad for Boogie Baby...smothering a sis is a sure fire way to chase her azz away. His mistake, but now it's time to learn from it and move on. If he was able to get one pretty chick he'll be able to do it again. Don't go into hiding. Sounds like he is embarrassed and hurt and because you know the story and the mistakes he made along the way, he can't bare to face you. Sucks!!

This happened last year though right? I mean after a year he still hasn't surfaced? Hasn't bumped into you out and about? Wierd...hope he is Ok!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Slish getting all sof and mushy now....so whens the wedding :-)

BTW ~ Your boy may be just trying to save face.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

What up Slish! I like all this new stuff that you are sharing :-)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Those rules seem like a lot of work. Maybe I'm lazy, but I think if I were a dude I wouldn't have the energy for all that lying and messing around. Also, stories like this remind me why I always make dudes wear condoms. Even when we're in a relationship.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

@Slish
Why man? Why would you do this? This was uncalled for!

Those are the rules. The only one I take exception to is #1. I used to follow this 3-day rule before I called. Stupid. Especially if she's a dime. She's getting squoze on at a phenomenal rate. You call soon and make your mark.

Please stop telling our secrets.

KZ

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Disclaimer

People this is an Old story..One of my first Blog entries.

@ Chez I am not getting married anytime soon.
I've never had a black book.Back then I kept my side pieces numbers in my head couldn't get caught that way. Delroy Lindo's character in the Malcom X Movie " RED!! Never write your numbers down keep them in your head."

@ Roycee. I've always been a sensitive brotha. As for Boogie Baby haven't seen or heard from the cat. One night last year I got fed up and went to his apt. Saw his car in the lot, Knocked on the door,but he never answered.I know he was there though.

I think he blames me for the break up. You see Boogie Baby wanted to propose to Show Stoppa. I advised him not to because they were having soo many problems within the relationship. She broke up wth him shortly after I gave him that advice. Shit got ugly after that.

But then Show Stoppa called me requesting I reach out to Boogie Baby, because she truly loved him and wanted to make it work. Boogie Baby caught wind of this and changed all his numbers. He didn't me want to convince him to back to Show Stoppa.

@ Mznewagenda No wedding plans. STOP JINXING ME!!.lol Please read what I wrote above.

@ Paula D...Write em down you're going to need them...lol

@ No Age. Like I said. Those rules were created in 1993 they have since been modified for the new millenia. I will be posting a blog with the revised version sometime in the near future. Believe me bruh those rules work if followed correctly...lol

@ Miz jj Those rules were not a lot of work for me or my boy Phantom. It was a way of life. We avoided sooo much drama when the rules were followed correctly.

@ Zed If not me then who. Women should know. Too much damage is being done out there.

12:44 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

he CANT BLAME u for that.......but i guess add another rule to your book and let that be dont hook up friends....they seem to blame u for it in the end.....its nice to get a mans perspective every now and then even though i dont agree with it. by the way im referring all my ex's to your sight to get a tutorial Thanks :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you ain't single!

2:52 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Did somebody say Banana Republic, Armani Exchange & Kenneth Cole????
Woo my head is spinning... Let me find the nearrest Shopaholics Anonymous meeting...

2:57 PM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

ewww. Sounds like a bad Bill Belamy movie.

and lol@people mad cause he shared the "secrets".

3:14 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Negropino Send them. Brothas need to learn the rules of the game before they start playing.


@ Miss Ahmad..I know I'm not single its an old post something I wrote last year when I was...and Technically I am single. Job application clearly states Married or Single not Married Relationship or Single..lol

@ Sandy baby Lol...Make sure you pick up something for me...

@ Liquor It does sound like a bad movie...lol I should write the screen play..

3:40 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Oh gawsh...that DOES have Bill Bellamy written all over it. CORNY.
I hope to God there's an age cut off for these rules. Grown azz men still do this shit? KZ...don't answer that. lol

4:06 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ So wise these rules work. The reason they do is most women believe they don't. Thats the key. Write em down. They are a few more Jedi Masters left. You might run into one...lol

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Slish, Why you have to go bringing up this mess today. I was having such a pleasant day before reading this.

SS.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Pretty green eyes I have modified the rules since then.One of the modifications was if you meet a woman and the chemistry is off the chain call her the next day..lol

@ SS I'm sorry..I keep forgetting you read my blog...lol..Why don't you tell the Bloggers your side of the story..EVERYONE!!! SHOW STOPPA has entered the building...

6:08 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

the real question is would ladies reveal the rules to men?

i think the real mystique is that everyone knows that men operate by their own standard of rules, but no one's really sure what make women tick!

what makes women take to some guys like honey to bees, while leaving the others to parish?

is it because guys are smoothe or women are smart?

hummm I wonder!

6:11 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

Awww Slish...hopefully you and Boogie Baby can reconnect cuz like you said, life is way too short. Maybe he doesn't blame you. Maybe he's embarrassed cuz he knows he prolly smothered old girl to death. Cats have a hard time dealin with dimes (ask me how I know) LOL I'm kiddin.. I digress

I hope you're able to rekindle the friendship but if not, you'll be ok and I'm sure he will too. Just my 2 cents...

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Ahmad I think its a little bit of both. Women always know off the bat if a dude can get the panties. Now a brotha with keen observation skills will pick up on this and make his move accordingly. Once he does that.Its up to the woman to decide whether she wanna be a HO!! or a good girl !!! lol

@ Durty mo. I Hope to reconnect woth my boy. He was like a little brother to me. I'll find a way before this year is over...:)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home