Friday, July 08, 2005

I leave my second parttime job. Get in the car. I'm fiending for some 80's rb . So I start going through my mini cd collection in my ride. Come across a cd I mixed called Disco Heaven. Its time to go back waaaayyy back.

I'm driving now. Cd is bumping I think to myself "damn I'm good". Then I here this song "I've got my eyes on you and I'm checking you out" sing along now "I've got my eyes on you and i'm checking you out" YA 'll REMEMBER THAT SONG!!!!! probably not. Anyway first time I heard that song I was at Skate Key standing by the area where roller skates got returned. Saw a girl from my block standing on the wall looking at this guy as he was walking by. Then that song comes on. She mouths the words to that song " I've got my eyes on you and i'm checking you out ". Now I'm peeping this and my 15 year old ok maybe 16 year old ass is thinking to myself " That was some sexy shit " dude walks over and they start kicking it. Since then i've always liked that song.

Skate Key was like a coming of age for me. I learned how to skate, dance & ask the girls to dance. Ya'll remember. Tap the girls on the back and start moving. That was how the fellas did it back then. If you got seven girls to dance with you it was like getting some pussy. YOU WERE THE MAN!!!!! If you got a number or should I say digits. YOU WERE A GOD !!!!! The first pick up line I ever heard was at The Key. Funny thing was that it was used on my girlfriend (soulmate) at the time. I'm putting on my sneakers to leave and she's standing alone by the lockers about a few feet away . I notice this guy walking up to her. He hands her a penny . I'm thinking " What kind of dumb shit was that " Then he says " A Penny For Your Thoughts " Shit that was kinda smooth. Couldn't be mad at that. Lucky for me he was ugly. So I took out a piece of paper and wrote it down. Ya neva know.

Enough of me reminiscing. Today I went to see Lady Di. Thats right i've given my new lady friend her official blog name. We're in her office watching the new R. Kelly video in the closet. By the way video is HOT!!! Then I get that urge again. Must be some Hatian Voodoo.. why do I keep wanting to feel this woman up in her office. Its like I have to sit on my hands. Anyway we chat some, flirt some , & smooch some then I leave.


Back at the office now. I check my email. Brown Suga sends me some sick email she claims only I would enjoy. She was right as usual. I give her a call. Say some slick shit. BooyaaaH !! I get in invitation for dinner on Sunday. Catch is. Brotha Slish promises to cook . Hope she has some Tums.


Stay tuned.....


By the way I appreciate all the positive energy I've been recieving. I'll try and keep the stories coming as they pop into my head... latuh

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

It's good that Mr. Slish has fond memories of Skate Key, because from what I remember you did not want to be caught there without your stabbing weapon of choice; knife, box cutter, filed down toothbrush handle I think you get my point.
Brown Suga does not know what she is getting into by having Slish cook. I'm not a religious man but I will pray for her colon.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

Yeah, all this Blog shyt is cute, but you need to stop Bullshyttin' and really think about writing a fiction novel. You have the tools to do so and the way you put your little stories together is on point. You have an inate way to captivate your readers and should not let that talent go to waste, for free!! Feel me. I'm serious. A noveleist could very well be your calling... Then you won't have to work Tree jobs Mon!

Peace & Blessings
Grantlove

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Grantlove!! You definitely seem to have it in you because you sure have kept me interested (and that's not always easy to do). But remember if you do take it to the next level, don't forget your early loyal readers and comp us a couple of freebies, ya dig!! (you know black folks are always trying to get something free--insert pic of Bobby Brown breaking open the hotel mini bar--classic!)

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I told you. You shouod just write a book. You are good, you keep me engaged with your stories.

Cinnamon...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home