Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm feeling kind of sleepy as i'm driving home. My cell phone rings its Grantlove.
" Whaddup nigga you check my blog . I attached a hot old school playlist on it. " I'm like " he started his blog after mine and already he has music, pics, all kinds of nifty shit. I can't even figure out how to put titles on my entries. Anyway. We start with the insults first. Then gradually work our way to his family life. I've never seen or heard him this happy . I guess being married to a good woman and a new baby on the way can make a brotha coo coo for cocoa puffs. Now this isn't Grants first kid . You would think it was the way he's been acting. But I can understand his excitement . He's finally going to get the chance to raise his baby boy with the woman who found the missing pieces to his puzzle and finally put them in the right places.


I say my good byes to GrantLove and decide to call my cousin Philly Live. Phone is ringing "Yoooooo". says Philly Live, I say " Whats cracking. You still pretending to be a loser" he says "Naw shit is okay this week. I say " How the ladies treating you. Philly says "I got whoole bunch of numbers but no potentials. I say " You sure we don't live in the same city " He starts to laugh .


Now Philly Live and myself are a lot a like we're both single men living in a big city but fail to realize the dating game has changed & refuse to except it. So once a month we call each and compare stories. The latest one is how he got rid of his 2001 or 2002 acura TL and replaced it with an early 90's maxima. Why ? To save money . What Philly didn't realize was having a hoopty and living with yo mama does not raise your romantic value meter. You know the rules Fellas. If you live with your mama you have to have a nice whip. If you don't have a nice car you better have your own place. I tell him " Good Luck trying to get grade A cho cha now". He claims this is all part of the plan. Apparently Philly has given up on the first round picks and has decided to pick from the bench. Why? There always eager to play and appreciate the game a whole lot more. I think to myself that little metaphor makes a whole lot of sense. "Find me a woman thats compatible with me first. Looks. Not important. Then I think to myself again. "Slish can she at least have a fat ass."

The saga continues....

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Negro how many people do you need to speak to to get an epiphany? All this damn positive talk, self-evaluation and personal growth from you is going to make me vomit. I swear as this blog continues you are becoming more and more feminine.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

What up Slish, you check my my blog yet?...Yeah it's your boy Grantlove (cuz that's what I do)..Anyway, yes I am coo coo for cocoa puffs, but you know how long it took me to find that right one. I had to go through 3 baby mamas and a helluva lot of drama, but I couldn't be in a better place right now. I have a beautiful home, wife and soon a beautiful little boy who will have my name.
Your time will come Slish...Just don't take my route and start droppin' seeds in different states like me. LOL. Mr Venom, Easy bad bwoy, Slish is real sensitive right now... We know he's getting older and he's just afraid of being alone. and besides, he's always been a likkle Biaatch.. LOL

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Slish, This is Grantlove's Wife. I am so touched by your mention of us.. don't mind the guys...it takes a helluva man to speak his mind and tell it like it is. Do your thangy thang love

xoxo
Fina

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what's with the comments about Slish sounding feminine? Does that imply that only women are in touch with their feelings??? That's probably why men are in such a sad state (except for grantlove). Don't know ya but I wish you and your wife (fina) and your new baby the best. It is good when you find happiness and peace of mind.

Slish you will find it when you "really" want to. I don't think you are quite there yet!

Cinnamon...

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home