Thursday, July 14, 2005

You ever get the feeling that time is running out. Everyone around you seems to be moving ahead with their lives and you feel like your still in the slow lane. Now I try not to let it get to me . But Dammit !!!! I'm human. Shit still affects me.

Just last week an ex girlfriend told me she was engaged after a year of us not being together. Another ex girlfriend moved to Paris to be with her boyfriend mind you while she was here in the States and involved with him we still had relations (I feel soo used). Now here is the one that nearly drove me to my friendly neighborhood bartender. I have this friend School Teacher who up and decides to move to Barbados in January o5. Before leaving she expressed her feelings for me & thought they should be explored. Caught off guard by this. I reacted with the typical " We're friends if it doesn't work out we'll lose the friendship. Well. I got an email last week announcing her engagment to some cat she just met while in Paradise. Her wedding Day. July 10th 2005 this past Sunday.


This info causes some self doubt "Am I that easy to replace ?", Then my mind starts playing tricks on me " Naw Slish those guys are there by default if you had stepped up they wouldn't be in the picture" then I laugh to myself " You know that shit isn't true be happy for them and keep it movin. Its just not your time."


Now Two lessons have been learned here today . One of them is to stop treating women like pitstops. The second. Learn to get out of my own way and let love find me.


Nite..

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Time waits for no man. I think you're purpose in life is to prep women for marriage because that's all I see that's happening right now for you. Maybe you should start charging fees for this service, with good advertising we can make some real money. Somebody check to see if hell froze over I think we have found a guy who is realizing the error of his ways.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to third (not second cause I am the third commentor) the sentiments of both Bashment and Mr. Venom. This has been the most profound blog I have read from you thus far. And it's true time waits for no one (if you snooze, someone who is wide awake will snatch it up, you lose). You are growing up now, or so it seems, and realizing that while you are still playing around everybody else is creating an adult life.

Cinnamon...

10:52 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

aw. its hard isnt it? when u feel a bit lost. never mind. u are in the city which outnumbers women to men

12:07 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

and i bet YOU wich you had THIS life-

http://rawmills.blogspot.com/

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home