Monday, December 11, 2006

Close The Fridge

5 Days post my break up with Barneys. I should be lying in a corner somewhere hand outstretched begging for someone to make the pain go away, but your boy Slish has felt nothing. I started to feel guilty about it. Then I had a conversation with Slasher. " Slish you did the best you could. You made the appropriate changes by putting me in a closet and throwing away the key. Although I hated you for it. I understood and played my position, but then I noticed you doing things that made me want to throw up. All that compromising and shit. WHERE DID IT GET YOU!!! NOWHERE! So I picked the lock and let myself OUT."

" Slish I know you think my only purpose in life is to stick your dick in as many fat asses possible. But when you get right down to it. I love you man. I couldn't just standby and let you give up the best part of you. THAT! Will never happen again! I promise. We'll find a way to work together and find someone who will love, trust & respect the both of us. Feel me " I respond " I feel you" Slasher " Now get the fuck outta this bed! "


I get out of bed as instructed and head over to Corporates Plush pad. We both wanted to watch the Season finale of The Wire on demand. I swear that is the best show on television. I get there in about 10 minutes. Doorperson" "Ahhh you're here to see." I respond" Corporate . Corporate America" Doorperson " Wait a second I'll see if he's in" She dials his number but he doesn't pick up " Ummm he's not picking up. Is he expecting you? I pull my ear from my cell phone and respond " Yes " Doorperson" I can't let you up until he answers his phone" I respond " Okay I'll sit right here until you get through." Since my complexion is waaay to tan for a pass. I mean I did tell you the person I was looking for. Its not like I picked that name out of a hat! Fucking crackers!


5 minutes later Corporate comes out. Hand in hand with his lady Legal Eagle. " Hey Bruh " Corporate " How long you been down here? " I respond " About 10 minutes " Legal Eagle " Hey Slish " I give her a hug. She looks over at corporate and says " You kicking me out for Slish! " Corporates gives his lady a WTF are you taking about look. I say " Legal don't say that too loud. You know your boyfriend is Homophobic " We both start laughing . Legal Eagle " So Slish whats been going on?" Hmmm she knows something. Legal Eagle doesn't know me well enough to ask me that. Corporate see's the suprised look on my face and says " Oh yeah I told her about you and Barneys"

I quickly change the subject " Legal Eagle look at you! Looking all Hood Chic and shit. Got the matching boots to go along with that Parka coat. I must say Corporate is one lucky negro." Legal eagle smiles and responds " Sliiiish does that mean you're not going to tell me what happened? " I respond " Pretty much " She laughs and gets into her Benz. I start thinking to myself Why can't I bag a chick that drives a benz Shiiiit why can't I bag chick that drives period.

Corporate kissed his lady Goodbye. She honks the horn and pulls off. Corporate walks towards me tight lipped. I say" Whats the matter with you. Be happy. At least Legal Eagle is making the effort to come and visit you from Brooklyn and you know she hates doing that. Corporate " I know. Its just sometimes. " I cut him off " Legal Eagle is just spoiled. Thats the least of your worries. You just have to learn how to close the fridge after you open it. " Corporate looks at me puzzled I continue " Then she won't be so damn spoiled " He grins and nods his head in agreement.

39 Comments:

Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

I wish I drove a Benz and was hood chic. but for now i'll settle for being the first commentor on this new piece!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Well damn. LOL. Haven't heard that saying before.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

Close the fridge so she won't get spoiled....hmmm. Is it okay for that to work BOTH ways? If I am interpreting this correctly, one could mistaken that for being inconsistent???

8:41 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:48 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Glad you're feeling like your ole self again! I hate break-ups, even other people's. I always want love to conquer all! I'm such polly-anna.*sigh*

"You just have to learn how to close the fridge after you open it. " Then she won't be so damn spoiled "

Can I use this? I know of a couple situation where this applies!

9:15 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Loving the new look, Slish. And, don't sweat it. You have all your defense mechanisms working to take what would be "sad" and make it "resentment / pissed-offedness". Everybody goes through it.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I likes it!!! I really do *wink*

And ummmm I drive a Benz and I guess I'm hood chic (well I'm from the hood originally and I've moved into more chic circles as of late) LOL!! But since your my brother I guess I don't qualify...I'll keep my eyes open for others in my circle who also fit this criteria...is the Benz a non-negotiable requirement LOL!!

Glad to see that your in positive spirits...I pray Barney's is as well.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Slasher is back and things are about to get a lot more interesting.

10:45 AM  
Blogger sweetness said...

why isn't my name on ur friends! well friend i hope u don't break cause u may be doin fine now there is always the after effects. stay focus.
as far as the fridge thing someone needs to close it on u!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Ahmad. LOL..Why would you want to do that! You get to stay in fancy Hotels for free and you chill with the Rich and Famous. All ya need to do is snag a balla and have him buy you a benz. lol

@ Shai I never heard it before either. Don't where that shit came from...lol

@ Drea Thats depends. How did you interpret it?

@ OnefromPhilly You can use it. Shiit I say we all should start using it. If someone is complaining about their significant other getting away with too much shit.Just say " Close the Fridge" and walk away..lol


@ Bz you're probably right. Slasher is just glad to be free...

@ Dynasty Don't say that too loud Slasher might hear you...

@ Sweetness I'll add you on before I have to close the fridge on your spoiled ass...lol

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Royce you know you qualify as Hood Chic...lol

You would do that for little ole me. I don't care about the benz..They could drive scooter! As long as they got the goods..lol

12:29 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Love the new layout, Slish....also lovin the comment to your boy.

1:07 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

This new layout really works here! Love it!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rasha said...

Too funny! Love the new layout!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Syn Look at you! Finally showing yourself. ..lol

@ R mack..Release the beast. You'll feel so much better afterwards...


@ Sandybaby..You can thank bloopty for the new layout..She did it for me..

@ Rasha It was time for a change...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol @ corporate giving his lady the side eye when she said he was kicking her out for you. Especially as you are newly single. It may raise some eyebrows. Lol. Kidding, just kidding.

4:43 PM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Well slasher is just crazy!!!

The benz thing well i will leave that open ...

As far as the fridge thing - Huh????

Sorry to sound thick but i aint gettin it!!!

Stay strong

xxS*Bxx

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Miz JJ Be careful...lol


@ Snakebite what happens to food when you leave the fridge open! ...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Beana said...

Glad to see that you are back. And I can't believe they still make chicks that don't drive. Da hell goings on wit that?

7:08 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Slish, after recent um, 'events', LOL, I figured I better reveal as much as I can about myself...LOL. I'm with Joy though, what's the deal with chicks not driving? I would be so lost if I didn't drive...man. I hate waiting on people.

8:00 PM  
Blogger sunshyne said...

Digging the layout!

"Close the fridge." You may have coined a new phrase there.

Who are these chicks that ...don't ...DRIVE...? *shudder* A speed demon like me doesn't do well on buses.

@ Slasher - Thanks for being there for Slish and knowing your right place at the right time. "To thine own self be true."

11:56 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

i dig the saying.

also digging the new layout.

i'm glad you're at least still blogging. breakups either make the words evaporate or come in a deluge, usually a deluge of self-pity. you sound like you holding it down, though.

10:22 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Love the layout....was it because I always grab the popcorn when reading this site???

You and Barney's gave it your all...if it still didn't work out, then you can't have any regrets.

Now Close the Fridge....

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Joy A lot of nondriving females in NYC.They love public transportation...


@ Syn...Oh so you're really not a white chick! ..lol

@ Sunshyne Do not give the slasher too much credit he might want to take over..

@ Nikki...Shit. Stop bloggin!.Naaaah. Not done here yet. This break up wasn't as bad as I expected.

@ 1969 Do you really..lol You make my life sound so interesting...

1:00 PM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Nah Slish, not a white girl...BTW, the pic Rob is referring to, it's one he saw and he knows good and damn well I'm not putting it up! Ask him where to find it. LOL

9:10 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

...you and Slasher have these convos in private, right?

I mean, I wouldnt want you to get locked up for indecent exposure for talking to Slasher on the 5 train or something!

Hang in there, Boo

12:32 AM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

Hi Honey...I am sorry I have been away from so long...


You aren't with Barneys...WTF? Have I been away that freakin long? I must have been....



Aiight kewl tho' because I thought other than your decision to being a Schizo...you were a cool guy. Honesty from a woman's point of view....Real sistahs love our men..every part of them...we don't try to change you. It is okay to have discussions and encouragement for the benefit of growth.

I think it is BS when sistahs want to mold a grown man into a punk. I want a real man....and is okay with wanting to put his dicky-dickesta into fat asses..but knows how to make a choice.


Oh by the way....Break up sex with a bisexual fat ass...(like Me) is just I order.

*waving*

Hey Boy!

Sucks and Licks all over your Di#@!

so nasty. welcome to life.


of course...I heart the layout!

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is temporary!!!!! That chic in the benz might get it for a minute, but SLISH...DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF NOW....It's all about timing

LOVE YA SLISH XOXO

5:58 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Syn...I'm scurrred to ask Rob where to find it...YO ROB!!! Where can I find it!


@ Chezniki..No we have them out loud and in public...You should se in me the middle of the street just talking to myself..Its classic


@ Divinelander... let me find out...YOU HITTIN ON ME!!! LOL

@ Fina I know...Right time Wrong woman...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

Wait a minute! You're in the BX? me too. Come visit my site, neighbor! I'll definitely be returning back here.

4:17 PM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

I just to "hit" on boys in high school...This is grown woman...post-break-up-sex-offering type of flirtin' I am doing ova here...Just for the record.

Man, does Barney read your stuff...She might to and cut me! I had betta cool my heals...I am too pretty for a razor scar!


Smooches.
DL

2:02 PM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

*use to hit*

blushin'

4:02 PM  
Blogger Lovely and Lavish... said...

I dont drive a benz, but I do drive a Monte Carlo. A fairly new one at that! Does that make me a hood chick? LOL...

Luv ya blog!

D

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Just dropped by to say thanks for noticing...the comment you left on my blog.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 PM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Ok i get it - havin a THICK day back then *embarassed* lol!!!

xxS*Bxx

11:50 AM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Ok i get it - havin a THICK day back then *embarassed* lol!!!

xxS*Bxx

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home