Thursday, March 22, 2007

Guess who's Back!!!

I was telling my lady today " Babe you know why are started bloggin" she sighs and responds " No, but i'm sure you're going to tell me" I giggle and say" Keep that up and your coochie will become tighter than a virgin with nooo prospects. Anyway my lotus flower. I started blogging because I was frustrated with my life. I was single, sex deprived, and no way in HELL was I going to tell my boys my pussy supply had dried up. So I started writing shit down. "

"It was liberating! I had stories for days. What made it even better was that other people found my life interesting. I fed off the energy their comments gave me. I kinda miss it" My lady responds " So what ya gonna do about it Hammer!!! " I start rappin " DON'T CALL IT COME BACK! CAUSE I BEEN HERE FOR YEARS! She laughs and says " Baby I'm going to stop at the first Rite Aid I see and get you some medication for that " I respond " HATER!!! luv you! She responds " Luv you too. Call me later"

So lets get down to business people.


Through out the years I have taken on a few pupils and trained them in the art of R.I.T(Relationship Interaction Techniques) in other words how to get the chick and keep her. It mostly involved dating etiquette, 3 steps to great conversation and how to close the deal without using alcohol. Then one day I came across a young sista. Just out of college, eyes wiiiide open and ready for a good Brotha to come into her life and piece together her puzzle.

Well a few years went by. I noticed my nubian pup wasn't getting the respect she deserved. She was constantly asking me questions and wondering why I kept laughing at every story she told me " Pharmacist you didn't see that shit coming" Pharmacist responds" Naw I really thought he meant what he was saying. He sounded so sincere." I say " You are so green to the ways of The Jedi, but I sense The Force is strong in you. I will train you. Teach you how to counteract The Force, Ya know bend it to your will." Pharmacist eyes light up " Really Slish! You Would do that for me" I respond " Sure would. Balance is needed. Can't have you go into a game without acquiring certain skills. "

The Pharmacists training began. We started out slow. Her first lesson. How to read into what a brotha is saying without letting him know you're on to him.

1. "I'm dating" Really means " He's met someone he likes but he's not sure what his next move is going to be now that he's met someone he likes more.

2. "I'm seperated from my wife." Really means he still lives with her fulltime and has only been toying with the idea of leaving but too much of a coward to do the right thing.

3. "I don't believe in bank accts and credit cards. Real men carry cash" Really means he's broke, got bad credit, works off the books, and hasn't filed taxes in more than five years.

4. "I always keep it real" Really means he's too ignorant to research anything he may not understand. So when met with any obstacles he quickly gets defensive and indignant wanting to place blame instead of pointing the finger at his own ignorance. Hence the coin Phrase " I keep it real"

5. "I'm not really close to my mother" RUN RUN RUN....If a man doesn't respect his MOMMA means he probably won't respect you. I don't care I don't care !!! RUN I tell Ya!!!

I gave The Pharmacist those pearls of wisdom and off she went.

Present Day

The Pharmacist " Slish i've met someone" I respond" Bout damn time! Who, when and where" Pharmacist responds " Not ready to tell you just yet, Met him last June at a concert while hanging with some old fuddy duddy trying to impress me." I say " Hold on!!!! You been hiding this negro from me 1,2,3, 4, 8 MONTHS!!!!! Pharmacist " No Slish its not like that. I met him in June, gave him my business card, and he called me in January. I say " WHAT!!!! you met him June and he called you in January! What is he slow! He can't read? Took him 7 months to figure out you have a 914 area code. Thats a red flag Pharmacist ! If I meet a woman I'm feelin. I don't wait 7 months to call. I call her as soon she puts those numerical symbols in my cellie" Pharmacist laughs " Slish you're crazy" I respond " No I'm thorough" Pharmacist " Slish I want you to meet him" I respond " You gave him the draws already! " Pharmacist giggles again " Its been a while Slish ! " I say " Whatver he doesn't get a sit down until the 6 month mark. If he makes it that far i'll grant your request. "

A month later.....

Pharmacist's finds out her new booty ain't got no bank acct, no credit, and no future. To make matters worse he likes to dissapear. Whats a girl to do. Well I 'll tell ya. Call on the Jedi Training her big brotha Slish gave her and Fade Awaaaaaay. Which she promptly did.

Now whats the lesson here. ANYBODY!!! Okay I'll Tell Ya. The Pharmacist let the dark side of the force cloud her judgement. Ya know Lust, Loneliness and desperation. When those three components are in play. The other team is sure to score before you do.


DAMN I MISSED THIS SHIT!!!!!

31 Comments:

Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

I'm too shocked to comment. Welcome back the one that started it all.

8:17 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

First of all....welcome back!

You ain't lying Jamaican. School em! Ladies, we have to make these brothers EARN us. We are valuable.
The sooner we get that and stop giving everything away so easily, the better off we will be.

Lastly, what do I have to do to make the blogroll? DAMN.

We missed you!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Wait a minute dude didn't call her in 6-7 months and she still thought that it was okay...Oh that's funny. Be wary of your teacher Pharmicist, he sometimes misses the mark.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it Christmas?!? Are you really back?!? You have been missed!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ GG Don't be shocked be happy...

@ 1969 Thank you Trini Queen....Its good to be back...I will update my blogroll immediately...

@ Venom..Just knew you had to put in 1 cent...
I don't miss my mark that would be your tired plaid shirt wearing ass...lol


@ Anon...I see you been stalking me..checking every now again..well its not a dream.Its Christmas and New year all wrapped up into one...

Spread the word yall SLISH IS BAAAACK!!!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

I am glad you are back. Too good a storyteller to stop. Got caught in love and bounced out of the blog? Are you working on a book yet?

I tell ya, alot of us women blind while wearing rose-colored glasses. Then we get death and don't listen either. Sadly, some women were fed too many fairy tales and sappy movies. SMH.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

YES, YES, YES I am so glad you are back. Now my days at work are worthwhile. But, okay why did I have to find out by reading some one else's blog that you were back? You could have told me in an email while we were discussing curry chicken!

Welcome back. :-)

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what it means that you stopped writing long before I even happened upon your blog, and I today I "happen" to check your blog and see that you have a new post. Maybe I just had a feeling you'd return. Or maybe I check your blog everyday in hopes that you'd
returned. Hmmm, for sanity sake, lets just go with the former, lol.

Not sure if I can "welcome" you back, but I'm glad that you are, and that I can read your stories in real time.

Oh and I hope the Pharm didn't really think that homie had "friend meeting" potential so soon (or any real potential, for that matter). If so, man, I hope you straighten her out with the quicks!

2:19 PM  
Blogger BKBajan said...

Welcome back. I discovered your blog on your last day of posting and read your archives, it was like reading a very good book, I was checking Zed and saw that you were back, good - let the saga continue (awaiting the update).

2:36 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Welcome back Mr Slish. You always have the best stories. I gotta co-sign with 1969. She gave it all up much too easily. He likes to disappear? Say what? Hell naw.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness...it has been boring as hell in blogland....and LOL@mr.venom. Welcome back!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

I sooo feel this post.

Jedi Training should be a major in college: Manspeak 101, He Wants You/He Wants You For the Moment Seminar, Hold Onto Your Drawers for Five More Minutes (Elective).

And that's just the first year!

Good deed in taking the Pharm under your wing, Mr. Slish.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Shai Thank you for the compliment...Tell you the truth it was love that brought me back...

@ Drea..Does this mean I have to post more than 3 times a week...


@ b.good...STALKER!!! Just kidding I'm glad you kept the faith and kept checking..I new I felt something pulling me back...lol

@ Bkbajan...What a gwon Sistren...Gonna come and check out your spot...You read all my archives Daaaaamn...I'm very flattered..Thank You for the ego boost...:)

@ mZ JJ WhAT UP HOMIE!!!! Long time Long Time. Gotte stop by and see what you've been up to...

@ Anon Has it really been that boring...Haven't you been reading ZED the Conquerer?

@ Ms Lee..I stop by your space last night..It was a good read. Jedi traing a major..hmph Might be on to something...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

Slish, you missed this sista's news:
I got a poem published in Essence mag this month on page 189, the poem is called Detrimental check it out.

8:53 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Separated from his wife can also mean too damn lazy and trifling to file papers and/or doesn't wanna pay official child support.

For the record;-)

And umm, who is this lady love, some one we've not met yet?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Shai Congrats I will definetly check it out

@ Ms Ahmad did that happen to you..lol

This new lady love is not so new, Lets just say its a remix..lol

1:37 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I'm so excited Slish you're back!!!! I also need some schooling..because after my last gig...Umm:)

So excited you're back:)

10:10 PM  
Blogger BK said...

welcome back..

boy lemme send one of my girls to you.. she need this kinda "training" from a dude cause she aint listenin to her sistahfriends!

10:41 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

hasn't happened to me but i hear that there are far SOME people don't take divorce as seriously as marriage.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Miss Jones Your last gig was a bust..Tell Uncly Slishy what happened

@ bklyn diva Send your girl. Tired of hearing the horror stories...lol

@ Ms Ahmad...I know some people like that myself...lol..

7:08 PM  
Blogger VAR said...

Good to see you back Slish! :-) It's been a long while but you aint missed a beat... And ummm.. yeah, I done fell in love and got engaged. Celebrating every moment including the ups and downs, documenting all of it so I can put together a cool little book with images and words for my lady... It's been a trip and it's been incredible... Patience is truly a virtue.. Good to hear from you and great to see you bloggin again..

10:42 PM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

slish we missed you too! glad i didn't take you off the blogroll.. now i can keep up with your writings again =)

welcome back!

12:47 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

WELCOME BACK!!! I missed you! After February, I figured you were for real and I stopped checking back. I'm glad you came through. SO GLAD to see you on here.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Var Engaged!!! Thats what i'm talking about!. Black Love

@ Yummy I'm glad you didn't either

@ Bz What be like HOMIE...You were still checking up until february? I so sorry...:)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Venom-Im all set with you, too! Where you been, Nucca?!?!?

@Slish-I KNEW you'd be back before your birthday...

Remix?!!? Oh Lawd!!!!

Welcome Back, Slishy!
BRONX STAND UP!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Chez...Forget about Venom coming back. He too busy picking out Plaid neck ties..lol

7:51 AM  
Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

Hey Slish. I'm glad your back. I wanted to say that I love your stories. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Ok. Ol' girl should not have been so eager to date dude after he waited 7 months to contact her. If that happened to me, I would have acted like I didn't know who he was and hung up my darn phone!

I also want us women to understand that separated IS married! Stop the madness.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Beana said...

Glad ur back. When I first started bloggin I found you and then you left :-( but now that I have a few blogs to read im glad I can re-add yours back to my regular read list.

And keep the training going. I know I'm learning ;)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Minerva exertion Thats what i tried to tell her..But she seemed so happy at the time...lol


@ J The force is with you..I will continue the training.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I knew you'd be back BIG HEAD!! Summer is upon us...where the party at???

You know I'm already hip to the game so no need to comment on this work...the force is already strong with me LMAO!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Damn i am glad your back - i only just checked now sorry so late but glad your back.

Nice one for the pharmacist!

Take care - gonna go catch up on your other posts now.

xXx

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home