Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It feels so good not to work weekends anymore. I resigned from my third Parttime job and not regretting it at all. Time to get my date hustle on.

Saturday afternoon. I'm sitting in my dungeon mixing & burning some Slish is sooooo dreamy music for my date with Barneys . My cell phone rings. I answer " Hello " its my mom " Slishy your grandmother just passed out can you go over to her apt and check on her." I respond " Is she awake now?" Mom " Yes but please go over there and check on her". Da dadda daaaaa SUPERSLISH TO THE RESCUE!!!!!! I get there in roughly 8 minutes. WHAT THE F$*K!!!! I see a police car and an EMS ambulance. This shit looks serious!!!!! I start getting nervous, then my uncle pulls up whew!! I won't have to do this alone.

I go inside the apt. I see the police officers first, the Ems workers, & my nana sitting at her kitchen table. Head soaking wet. I say " What happened Nana" Nana " Slish yuh come. Where is your auntie ( she's referring to the aunt I live with) wheres your mother is she coming?" I respond " Mommy is on the phone talking to the ems worker, I don't know where auntie is.What happened?" Nana " Mi just get dizzy and faint" The ems worker starts filling in the blanks . Apparently Nana was getting her hair washed in the laundry room and the combination of the heat and her head being upside down caused her to have some vertigo. The Ems workers wouldn't have been worried but she was vomiting. Tell tale sign of a possible heart attack or stroke. They insisted on taking her to the emergency room.

Nana " Slish mi nu want go tu the emergency room. Mi nuh dressed right" I had to hold back the laughter this old lady may have just had a stroke & the only thing she worried about is what she has on. I respond " Nana we have to take you to the er & get you checked out." Nana crying now " Why!?!? mi nuh wan go. I am a decent woman Slishy " What the hell does that have to with anything. She's confused we are definitely going to the er !!! I respond firmly " Nana. No one in the house is trained to do anything if you faint again. I'll go with you and won't leave your side " Nana " Okay mek sure yuh call your auntie." Off we go to the Hospital

We get there. Everything is going smoothly. Started to think we didn't have to come. My nana hasn 't stop talking since we got out of the ambulance. Two hours later I realize I'm not going to make my date with Barney's , So I call her at work and cancel. X-ray tech comes into the room " Sir we need to take a chest x ray of this pt" I respond "No problem " Tech " She has to take off what she has on now and put on a hospital gown " I knoooow this china man didn't just say what I think he said. I HAVE TO UNDRESS MY NANA!!!!!!! I take a deep breath and do the inevitable. Think my mind just went blank after that cause the only thing I remember is my aunt showing up and telling me "Your uncle is outside waiting to take you back to your car I'll stay with Nana"


To be continued.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home