Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Love Trust & Respect

A friend of mine sent me an email today asking " Slish Do you believe in love? Really believe in love? "

My response " I do, but they are conditions. I believe respect & trust should come first. What I've been noticing is that people jump into relationships without developing those two important components. 6 months later you find out your man is still talking to his ex whenever you guys have an argument and your girlfriend calls her ex man for advice about your relationship. That shit is just wrong. Grown folks need to start taking their time. If you meet someone you like and kinda think there might be a future. Chill on that whole sex thang until both of you have developed that trust and respect. Sex especially GOOD SEX can make things kind of cloudy. When the cloud clears you done smacked into a BRICK WALL. Face all F#$%KED up.... "

Agent 99 responds " Why don't you ever give THAT kind of advice in your comments..or even on your blog? I think that men need to know that. My man talks to his ex girlfriend all the time and considers her his friend...but she can't and won't be my friend...he can't even bring up my name around her.. How does that shit make any sense? "

My response " It doesn't. Meaning don't believe anything he tells you about that relationship. I don't give that kind of advice on my blog..Cause NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT...lol..they like when i'm rude, crude & lude. makes things interesting.

Agent 99 " Well, I LIKE to read it. If you really feel that way about something than I would rather you tell me your real feeling than some macho bullshit that is rude and crude. DAMMIT!! lol Men are so fucking complicated AND they always want shit THEIR way...talking that macho shit about...This is me...this is how I am...You knew that coming into this...fuck that! Relationships are about compromising and if you want me to be the one to come 90% of the way everytime...you can bet your ass that the relationship won't last long. thinking about this tends to make me mad "

She got a point I think dude is trying to use that Jedi Mind Trick on her I respond " He can only make you angry if you let this continue." Now i'm about to do the unthinkable and continue with " My boy Corporate tells me all the time " Slish your time is valuable. Don't waste it on endeavors that won't help with your personal growth." I know letting go is the hardest thing to do, but its time you be honest with yourself 99. You have yet to see any growth from this man , and your not exactly being truthful with him and maybe he's picking up on it causing him to put you in a certain category. Oh yes men have categories too. Be true to yourself 99 & this whole relationship puzzle will start to piece it self together all by itself.

Agent 99 responds " I like this insightful side of Slishy...makes me think he has a heart..

There you have it Slish has a heart. It comes out in spurts or when i'm tipsy. Either way I have one SO THERE!!!!!


On my way to work I stopped by my parents house for dinner. Mom prepared some Lasagna and how Tasty it was. My wife has to know how to cook. I don't care I don't care if its the new millenium ya'll cooking.

I've finished eating and my parents and I are discussing various topics. I ask my Dad " Pops when you look at me now and then think back to your youth were we similiar? Pops responds " No Bwoy I was hotta than you " my mother looks up from her book and starts to laugh. Pops says " Whats so funny. I WAS HOT!!! gets up from the table walks over to the dish washer and says " I never dated a woman longer than six months. I would leave them right before christmas" I'm laughing hysterically and say " Why Christmas?" Pops responds "So I wouldn't have to buy them a gift " Mom says " This is the first time i'm hearing about this" Pops walks back over and sits down and responds " Woman I don't tell you all my business" then he cracks a smile and looks at my mom and says " I was the best thing that happened to you. My mother smiles and says " Correction we were the best thing that happened to one another " My dad looks at me then looks at her and says " Your right sweet heart and holds her hand"

That right there people is 37 years of Trust , Respect and most of All Love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grantlove said...

I can only hope my marriage lasts that long. In this day and age, where sex is worn like a pair of Drawers and is as accessible as cable TV, It is very difficult for men as well as women to be completly honest with each other. Slish you got it right when you say that sex clouds good judgement. The physical pleasures of sex will 9 times out of 10 outweigh the emotional connection between a man & a woman.
I can only speak from my own experiences when I say that true love is not something that can be found, it is something that is given us from a higher power. Some of us are blessed with it, some aren't, yet still try to obtain it. I thank God everyday for finally blessing me.

Peace, Blessings, & GrantLove

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home