Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Children Lost

I ran into to Mt3 today ya know the woman who's husband decided to inpregnate another woman in order to have a male child. I noticed for the past few weeks shes been putting on some weight. My clueless ass thinks its because shes at peace with her situation and started eating again. I say " Hey looking good you putting on some weight. Things must be going well for you" Mt3 gives me this sullen look and responds " You would be wrong Slish . I'm pregnant. " I say " For that cheat !!! Why ? " Mt3 " Why not he's my husband besides its Payback. Now he has to take care of this kid and the one he had for that BITCH!!! See what desperation can do to people. Make them have babies they can't afford

I'm back at my office. I tell my supervisor the situation between Mt3 and her husband. She laughs and says i'm being too harsh. I say" She should have left that asshole a year ago. Now Mt3 is going to bring a child into this world only to get back at her husband. While she's doing that who's gonna raise that kid. Haven't you people been watching the news. Children are dying due to their parents neglect. This child doesn't even have a chance" Supervisor responds " Slish thats her decision " I say " Well thats a DUMB ASS decision MT3 is going to regret it "

Bloggers i've worked with emotionally disturbed children for most of my adult life. I used to believe that an ass whuppin could solve all their problems. Then I would meet the parents and visit the homes of these children. Total chaos!!!! They acted like they were a burden to them. Couldn't wait until we picked them up and took them back to the group home.

One day I picked up a kid from his mother. As I walked to the door I could hear her cussing him out " YOUR SO F@#%KING FAT. GET YO ASS READY BEFORE THAT MAN COMES HERE TO GET YOU. MOVE YOUR ASS. I'M SO TIRED OF YOU!!!" I'm thinking to myself no wonder this boy is always misbehaving he wants the staff members to yell at him. Its the only way he could tell if someone cared. Me and this neglected 10 year old boy get into the car about 5 minutes later. I say " Put on your seat belt D" D responds okay Slish. Slish can I ask you a question? " I respond " I ain't got no money for snacks today didn't yo mama feed you " D starts laughing and responds " I'm not hungry " then D gets sad all of a sudden and says " Slish why do people have kids if they can't take care of them " I was soooo dumbfounded cause this little boy wasn't the brightest little firefly as a matter of fact he read on a 1st grade level. I respond " Maybe they think they can in the beginning D but then somehow lose their way" D responds " You think my mom has lost her way " I say " Hard to say only you can answer that question" D gets quiet looks out the window up at his apt complex and says " I think my mom lost her way but i'm hoping she'll find it soon. I look up at the rear view mirror and I see D wipe a tear from his right eye.

I pull off and start driving down the block I see a deli and decide to pull over D says " Slish why you stop here? I turn around and hand him a few bucks and say " Go on you have five minutes "

5 Comments:

Blogger DramaFree said...

You are a strong person to the kind of work you do. I have a friend who is a social worker, and there's days that she would come home crying from some of the situations she witnesses.

It's sad that there are some people who bring kids into the world even though they can't really be a true 'parent' to them.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Ms Single. I left that field a year ago. Couldn't take it more. Too painful.

1:05 PM  
Blogger T said...

my soul cries for lonely children.
that's such a shame.
i could only imagine how they feel.
they need to find solace(soulace).

i understand you quitting that field.
its so sad.

11:29 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

@ Neil: I'm sayin! Dude trying to crack the grinch in me w/ the post.

People ask me why I've not had kids and I can't say it's only because I've not been married. I was blessed to have a mom who wanted babies more than anything in the world. And, she lived her life, while raising us, demonstrating that we were the most important thing to her. I believe that children do not deserve ANY less than just that. And, I don't know if I can give that to my children if I were to have any. So, until I'm confident in that, I shall remain childless.

8:42 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

@Slish-my mom works for ACS in NYC and she sees and hears it all...but mostly she sees the workers who dont give a d*mn, which puts the kids in a "from frying pan in the the fire" type situation. At least you cared and when you got burnt out, you left. More people who work with kids should be like you.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home