Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Too Much Too Late

Dough Boy calls me today. " Slishy" I say " Whats up playboy oops I take that back your a married man now" Dough boy got married(justice of the peace) 3 weeks ago to an African Princess. He found someone with good credit who was willing to put up with his ass. Dough Boy responds " Thats right and I'm loving every minute of it. Ya know your the only person that was genuinely happy for me when I told you that shit. " I respond " If the both of you are happy who cares what everyone else thinks " Dough Boy " Thanks man I needed to hear that. I haven't heard from Corporate since I told him. Think he' s avoiding me? I respond " Probably " Dough boy " Why ? I respond " I don't know. That nigga has been going on and off his period for the past 5 years. This quest for a wife and family consumes him. Dough Boy " Yeah I guess your right. Sometimes I wish that chick had never left him "

Pre 911 Corporate was dating a beautiful Latina woman her name La Bonita. Corporate loved this woman a great deal bought her a ring and everything . One night while in my apt. I get a phone call from him " Slish you got company? " I say " No, but if your thinking about coming over then Yeah " Corporate " Stop playing I need to stop by. I can't be myself right now" SHIT!!!! This must be serious I've never heard him sound so broken I respond " Alright come through "

About an hour later Corporate Rings my buzzer I let him in. I say " What happened whats the matter with you ? Corporate responds " I think La Bonita is gonna leave me " I say " Why do you think that. I thought things were going well. Didn't you just buy her a ring ? Corporate responds " yeah man but some things went down. She refuses to see me. Wanted some time to sought out her feelings" OH SHIT!!! She's gonna leave his ass. I respond " She'll come around don't worry " Corporate says " Can I sleep on your couch. I don't think I can be alone " DAMN!!!! whats a nigga to do when his boy is in distress besides he was there for me when my ex Butterscotch threw me out I respond " Kewl couch is yours i'm going to bed" Corporate " Wait can we talk some more " AWwwww Heeellll!!!!

Its 12 midnite Corporate is rambling on. I'm half asleep I don't think I heard half the shit he was saying. Then he says " What should I do? " I give him the Grantlove response " Write her a song " Corporate responds " Why do you have to make a joke out of everything" I respond " No I'm serious lets make La Bonita a tape of love songs that expresses how sorry you are and that you never want to leave her side" Corporate says " Think it'll work " I respond " Its worth a shot. You have a whole lot to gain and nothing to lose. Corporate asks " Can we do it now?. " AWWWWW HELLLL!!!!

The next day after getting about 3 hours of sleep. Coporate drives me to work and gives me instructions to purchase Flowers and a tape player for operation keep La Bonita from leaving me. Later on that evening I meet Corporate at his office with the please don't leave me goodies. We head to La Bonitas house. We get there. Corporate somehow gets her to come outside and sit in the car with me while he's sneaks into her house to set up the tape player and the flowers. La bonita" Hey Slish " I say " So whats going on between the both of you" La Bonita " you know how your boy can be" I respond " Yeah but he really loves you. I don't think he'll be the same if you left " La Bonita " You see. Why can't Corporate say that to me himself . I respond " Hasn't he ? la Bonita " He has, but it sounded so sincere when you said it "

Corporate returns and leads La Bonita back to her house to show her how much he loves her. 15 minutes later I see corporate and La Bonita at the door they hug and kiss. WELL ALRIGHT !!! He gets back into the car I say " So??? did she like it? " Corporate responds " Yeah she loved it " I respond " Well??? you guys staying together? Corporate says " She said she needs more time, by the way how do you come up with all this romantic shit? I say Well this particular stunt with the love songs and flowers I've done before" Corporate asks" Did it work for you? I respond " Nah Bruh" Corporate's face gets tight and we pull off.

LMAOF

5 Comments:

Blogger Grantlove said...

Hey man, It can't work for everybody... Still think he should have written a song..LOL. It's more personal than a bunch of love songs OTHER people wrote. Anyway, I guess that only works for me...
Good Story. I hope you're saving all these stories and turning them into a screenplay...This Blogging shit is cute, but making some money would be sexy!!

GrantLove

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll never know if the song would have worked. Nice and romantic but a song, some flowers, and a love tape...aren't gonna work regardless of what your "trying" to say...

Bottom line: If you love 'em...let them know. Kinda stupid to wait to tell someone that you adore them with all your heart and you really can't see yourself living without them. Letting them know as they have one foot out the door is plain idiotic.

Corporate is gonna beat your ass once he knows your posting all his business!!! LOL
Fine little Tiki-Barber-look-a-like can't find a wife?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Corporate needs to listen more for GrantLove's advice then yours, Slishy. He is the one who is happily married. From what you have told me about Corporate he gets a little full of himself sometimes, maybe he needs to learn humility.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Grantlove I remember when he told me that shit one time. I was dating this chick.We were having some problems I asked him for advice this was before he got married this nigga says write her song...lol. I wanted slap his ass.

@ Alli. She knew Corporate loved her but his kind of lovin came with conditions. Bottom line she wasn't ready. I think too much pressure caused her to leave.

@ Venom at least I get asked. What nerdy advice can you give oh wait I know STAY AWAY FROM ALL LIGHT SKINNED CHICKS !!!! lol..

FREAK!!!! btw when we hanging out . I miss my drinking buddy.

@ Neil naw he never got La Bonita back. Every time I mention her name his face gets all tight..lol

8:52 PM  
Blogger Big Trev said...

Yo fam...that shit was funny as hell. I can see dude face now as you pulled off, LOL....

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home