Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Get a Clue

My cuddle muffin became a citizen today and I'm happy to say I was there to witness it, But as you all know nothing in my life ever comes easy including this momentus event.

Last week Barneys says to me " Babe I'm going to take my citizenship test next week" I say " When and where ?" Barneys responds" I'm taking it 2 pm Weds and its all the way in Long Island " I say Baby how you gonna get out there? " Barneys"Well I know you can't take me cause your at work during those hours. Figured I would ask my cousin Los " my dumb ass says "Okay baby"

Couple of days later i'm thinking about the conversation Barneys and I had about that test. I think to myself ASSHOLE!!!! Thats an important day HER MAN should be taking her not her cousin. I call my sweetie " Hey baby i've been thinking i'll take the day off next week weds and take you out to Long Island for your citizenship test. Thats an important day for you. I should be there" Barneys responds " No babe thats okay Los agreed to take me. Besides won't you lose a days pay if you take it off ? I respond " I work for the city its the only organization where you can get paid for staying home and not get penalized for it" Now barneys is a stubborn woman she'll give a nigga one chance to do the right thing. That oppurtunity came and went 2 days ago whe my slow ass said " Okay baby" She responds " No babe thats okay don't want to put you out your way " Damn!! I never learn

This past Sunday Afternoon. Barneys and I are cuddled up on her couch watching the tele . While I'm stroking her dreads she says to me in her baby voice " Babe I want you to go with me on weds " I say " Go where? " She pouts. I continue" Oh hold on let me think for a minute if your pouting it means I forgot something important " Barney still pouting OOOOH your citizenship test !!!! Sure baby I'll take the day off. 2pm right" She hugs me tighter and says " Yes " Now I was excited not only at the fact that I would be sharing this important event with Barneys but that she was actually giving me a second chance. So what does my cocky ass say a few minutes after that milestone of a moment " Baby since you have to be there at 2pm that means I can work half the day leave at 12noon be at your apt by 12:30 and then we shoot out to LI. " Friends and Fam why is it I heard that record scratching noise in my head!!!!! Barney sighs and says " Oh forget it I'll have Los take me " I respond " But babe I said I would take you ." Barneys" No never mind your making too much of a production out of this" WTF I didn't want to argue so I put the Slasher in surveillance instead of attack mode and respond " Okay baby if you change your mind let me know"

Day before the test now. I speak with Barneys that evening. " Sweetie you change your mind yet " Barneys slightly annoyed " Did I not tell you that Los was taking me and if he can't my sisters man offered" I respond " But your man offered to take you several times " Barneys " Yeah but he also said he would take the whole day off and be with me not half the day. " WHYYYYY !!! is she doing this to me I offered to take her more than once. I get annoyed, so before I say something slick I find an excuse to get off the phone and hang up.

I get up this morning VERY ANNOYED at this whole situation. I go into the bathroom sit on the toilet and take a shit. I'm cussing my sweetie in my mind and trying to blame this whole thing on her . She's stubborn, inpatient, only wants things to go her way. All the typical thoughts some men have to avoid looking at themselves as being the source of the problem. As I wiped my ass it HITS ME!!!!! I hear this voice and it ain't the slasher it says" Slish what are you thinking . If she didn't want you to go she wouldn't have asked you. She's just nervous and wants your full support . You say you want to be in a committed relationship WELL NIGGA!! it takes sacrifice. Take a personal day, go that extra mile and take that woman to her destiny"

Half an hour and phone call to my job later. I'm ringing my sweeties doorbell. She looks out her window " I say " Morning Sunshine " She pulls her head back inside her window 30 seconds later sticks her head back out and throws me the keys. I go inside the house barneys is laying on her couch " She says " What are you doing?" I say " Getting a clue." Barneys grabs my hand and gives me the warmest smile .

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's why you didn't answer my email during the day yesterday!!! You weren't at work. . .Now I get it!!

Even though it took you a while, I'm glad you finally "got a clue". Look I told you once (and don't let me tell you again), I really like Barney's and I want for her to stick around. Besides don't you think it's about time that one of us gets it right sooner rather than later! And at the rate I'm going lately, my money is on you, bruh!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....SUCKA...lol Just kidding Slishy.

Like I was telling you...this shit ain't new to you. We are old enough and have experienced enough interaction to know that there is usually more behind most situations.
Stop NOT thinking and learn to analyze shit more quickly. LOL I am starting to think that you are the cause of more confusion and misunderstanding than I originally thought.

Glad you and "Barney's/Cuddle Muffin" are doing so well....even though...
Let me stop 'fore someone gets all serious up in this joint, not realizing it's all in jokes...lol

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

WOW it took you a minute but you got what many brothers fail to get right lol. Enjoy

10:23 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

Slish, Moment of Clarity aside, there will be many more instances where your mind will say one thing, and you will do another. Always take into the account that women generally like for a man to take charge and be consistant in anything they do. Next time, for a situation such as this, Don't OFFER her a ride, let her know that your ass will be there with MF'kin bells on no matter what the situation, and never change your tune mid-song. Don't say one thing one minute and then another thing the next. Consistancy is the key to any thriving relationship.
Can't wait to meet this girl of yours.

Peace

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Wow all this positive emotions may cause me to say something nice. So I'll just say congrats to Barney's on her citizenship and congrats to you Sherlock for following the clues in solving the mystery.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I think you need to call up Fred, Shaggy, Daphne, Velma and Scooby to scoop you up for a ride in the Mystery Machine and help you out when looking for clues.

Cuddle Muffin? ...punk-ass.

Mr. Music

12:56 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Yo Cuz your crazy. Barney has got you wide open dog. You must be really dig'n her?? Either that or you are becoming Mr. Softee himself. I'm glad you got alot free time on your hands to figure this woman out. Me personally, I would have failed her little test.. Anyway, I see you have some how found the key to the riddle that women oppose upon men which is PERSEVERANCE.

8:18 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

AAAHHHH! Love in the Afternoon! Awww ((Cyber Pinching your cheek))

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ Anon...Mystery Machine... too funny!

3:50 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

hope the next time doesn't take you as long to catch on...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home