Monday, December 26, 2005

Will I Ever Get Married written by Philly Live

Will I ever Get Married??? I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and thought to myself will I ever get married?? I'll be thirty-five this year. I have no kids (at least none that I know about). I have a pretty descent job with benefits and a penision. Hell I even went to college and graduated. I should be a good catch Right??? Wrong!!!! All I get is the drama and the bullshit. I just don't think marriage is in the cards for me especially with the women of today.

All you hear is this nonsense about I need a "Real Man" or I'm an independent woman and I don't need a Man to take care of me. Can do that my damn self." What the f&ck is a "Real Man"??? A man that will let you move into his crib and take care of you and your kids.. Yeah that's real... Real bullshit to me. And that Independent Woman Shit. Save it, put it in your pocket for later. How are you going to be independant with three kids and two baby daddies!!!! What real MAN!! wants to deal with that.

Now ofcourse all women do not fall into this category. There are plenty of of single women with no attachments that I could get with right? Wrong again!!!. These women seem to be pre-occupied with the drug dealers, rap niggas, or ball players. I call them The BBB( bling blung bitches). So where does that leave a brother like me?? Probably on the outside looking in because I refuse to compete. Shit is crazy.. And its real out here in the field.

See I think some women tend to judge a book by its cover. For example, who is likely to get more attention after the club lets out. A nigga pushing a Benz or a nigga pushing a Honda?? The average woman would have you believe that it does not matter but the average man knows that is bullshit.

Here's another example. Would the average woman check for Allen Iverson if he was working in Mc Donalds flipp'n burgers?. Would an average man check for Beyonce doing the same thing? My guess is HELL YEAH!!!! Because at the end of the day, that ass is still fat with or without the FAME .

In my humble opinion, I think women tend to be objective while men tend to be subjective. If you notice, women tend to pursue men on the same level or higher while men pursue women on any level. Again its the "Fat Ass / Low End Theory" that seems to hold true. Of course, there are exceptions but my point is this. A fat is ass is a fat ass whether she is from the projects or Bel Air. Oh and you know the other thing that kills me. The theory that women mature faster than men. That is such bullshit. Are there any studies to prove that nonsense?? The fact is younger women are just afraid to grow with there younger counterparts. So, they take the easy way out and get with an established older man. Its damn near the norm. While on the other hand, younger men rarely hook up with older women. We have an aversion to wrinkled pussy..

Anyway, I stopped looking for Mrs. PhillyLive because I know she does not exist. But I'm like LL " I need luv too" unfortunately, I get it in all the wrong places and I realize that. So what should I do??? I'm tired of hopping from bed to bed its no fun. The challenge is not there anymore. I have done too much. I'm ready to hang up my cleats. Its the fourth quater and its less than 2:00 minutes left on the game clock.. Philly is up by thirty and the coach has just put his best player on the bench.

I'm out

Check out my Blog Phillylive.blogspot.com

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, tell me how many independent women there are that check for "Drug Dealers"(guick money, but not long lasting), "Rap Niggas"(quick money, bnll.), or "ball Players" (more than likely, qmbnll). Independent women don't want quick money. This usually means-unlasting. We want a man that works hard for his money, a man that thinks about making more money--but wants to help others, and a man who thinks about there long term.

An independent woman doesn't care what kind of car a man drives because she already spotted him in the club and liked his stilo.

Woman know better than to look down.--We look up (a smart woman).

P.S.

Stop looking @ women "of" the hood.

8:54 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Ha Ha Ha that's real cute. But the reality is its all about the money and what you can do for me. Matter fact, let me use a word you can better identify with. The word is potential which means something that can develop or become actual. I thought love was blind. You can't see it or touch it let alone describe it. It's just a feel'n you have inside. So why does money play apart in this game at all??? Think about it and get back to me.

As far what kind of car a man drives. It does matter. I went from a luxury car to a bucket and I personally don't get the same look when I'm on my way to work or whatever. Its like Nigga Please... Like I'm doing bad or something.

As far as spotting him in the club. Forgetaboutit.. Women get all dressed up then come out with this F#CK'n attitude. You would not know when a real man approached you because you don't know what a real man is... Please... Independent equals single.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Pamalicious said...

I think it's the greatest trick played on us all, lol God designed us to be together YET we decided to fuck it up, lol

All of the folks that would get along - pass each other in the wind so busy trying to stay upwind not to smell the stench - the funny thing is - its usually OUR OWN FUNK that we meet when we do get down wind.

On the flip side of it - I like to think of myself as that - outside the women you described - however let me say this about FEAR. FEAR is powerful in the black scheme of interpersonal relationships. If a man runs into a woman who is settled, has a pretty good head on her shoulders, doing the best she can humbly and honestly - it puts HIM on point because he develops a conscious about his 'game' - and that my friend - runs negroes to the hills faster than Emancipation Papers during slavery, lol.

So now we just have men and women roaming the earth - speaking in tongues to their damn selves, because what we WANT and what we are able to HANDLE based on our upbringing and past ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I like that Pammie...

people that is one to grow on. for real..

Grantlove hit us with some of your insight

8:44 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

@Philly-I agree that most women try to date or marry "up"...but by the same token, many successful men date "down." So while many BlackProfWomen are leaping over tall buildings at college, work, home and church, BlackProfMen are dating and marrying the secretary, the chickenhead and anyone else with a big booty who makes less money (read:has less power) than they do. Which leaves BlackProfWomen, a$$ out, lonely, sexually frustrated and/or dating Rollo the Gold Toothed maintainence man. There's two sides to every story, Brother. Dont give up, just take a deep breath, take a break and try again. Really, what's the alternative? (dont answer that)
@Pammie-Right, Right
@Slish-Arent you glad your cousin got his own blog so we can stop writing him on yours??!!? LOL
Next time I come down to NYC, I want to meet you, MisterMan!
Peace

11:16 AM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

Interesting post Mr. Slish replacement. I do agree with the fat ass/low end theory. Men will pursue women on all levels. That's why we have more fun and more options. ;o)

Trust me when I say this: Life is more fun if you're an attractive woman with a fat ass versus an average looking highly intelligent woman with no fat ass.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Pamalicious said...

@Serial Dater - there you got with your famous quote again, lol

I just wanna know when brothers relegated themselves to being vibrators with a body attached?

As well as when did sistas decide that's all they needed?

but I'll save that for my own blog, lol lol lol

1:58 PM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

All I have to say is before anyone thinks of getting married, or even being in a COMMITTED relationship, one must be truthful to themselves. There is far too much of this so called "keeping it real." I thought that meant being yourself. When entering relationships men & women tend to act outside of themselves in order to impress the other party. Once the initial impression is given it takes that much more work to keep up the facade. We need to spend more time learning about ourselves and learning to be truthful about our flaws, our idiosyncratic behavior, and our attitudes towards the opposite sex. No one is perfect, yet some of us want perfection in a potential mate, that isn't going to happen. Also,
There are far too many generalizations about our polar opposites. Each man and each woman is different. Making general statements only blanket our perception of the opposite sex. All women are not money hungry whores and all men are not Dogs who just want to Hit It. That may have sounded a bit crass and for that I apologize. Point is; Learn who you are and what it is you truly want in a mate, then be truthful about it when it comes time to meet someone. You'll be surprised by just how many people there are that are just as "perfectly flawed" as you are.

Peace & Blessings

GrantLove

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Grantlove you never let me down..

I'm calling Oprah you need your own show..lol

7:29 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Grantlove your comment was deep. It was so deep I had to read it twice to get the full affect. Matter fact, I might have to sleep on it.. That's good money right there... Nuff Respect.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, perhaps your dealing with another breed of "Independent Women". I guess maybe I should only speak for myself. As such, I'm not checking for a car, a drug dealer or a baller. I'm checking for a man that has long term goals-that acts accordingly. As far as the new looks you get because you have a bucket car, those women that look @ you strangely-they aren't women you should persue. Look for a women that takes you as face value & not what you may or may not have.

Peace.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Is there a Mrs. PhillyLive out there for you? Probably not, its rare that you can find someone that does not get on your god damn nerves. What's the divorce rate in America, like 30-40%(?). Maybe marriage is not in the cards for you. We know it hasn't worked for at least a third of the population. I know a guy who felt the same way as you, was getting older felt that marriage was the best thing for him got married and like some voodoo curse he is in love with a woman he can't stand. Stop thinking about it, if it is meant to happen then it will.

8:58 AM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

To the anomymus person who stated that you are into a man who has long term goals and acts accordingly. What does that statement mean? Your looking for a man with a plan? The reality is this. Most people don't have a plan. They react to their world instead of designing it. How about we design our world together?? Is that too much to ask for??

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home