Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Right Time Wrong Woman

Its 7:30 am. I just left a message with my supervisor stating I wouldn't be in today. Not in the mood to deal with Scary Spice talking to her self all day. Psyche pt might get smacked if they say the wrong thing to a nigga. Slasher can be easily awakened best to stay clear of anything that might trigger a Blackout.

Last night Barneys and I decided to part ways. It was a mutual decision. Even though she said she's gonna tell people I dumped her on Valentines day.

It started on Friday. Barneys lost her position at work. She was extremely upset. Shut me out completely wanting to deal with this situation alone. I respected her decision at first. Then it hit me. During a time like this wouldn't a person find comfort in their significant other? I know I would. I wanted to be by her side so I made attempts to comfort her. Barneys wasn't having it she shut every door on me.

I start thinking to myself. What kind of person does something like this. Is this what I have to deal with all the time. Something negative happens she shuts down. That can make for a problematic relationship. Maybe Barneys just doesn't feel the same way I feel about her. She's not where I'm at .

Our age difference( 9 year gap) could be a factor. I know when I was in my twenties you couldn t' come at me with Marriage, Commitment, or Consistency conversations. Barneys is at that age where some women feel they need to prove themselves to themselves before they can think about a real serious relationship. My Old ass doesn't have that kind of time. I'm not saying we have to up and get Married the first year or second. But i'm old enough to know what I want and what I don't want. What I don't want is to date someone for an entire year and find out they were just passing the time until someone better came along.

So that was my reason for letting Barneys go. Tell you the truth it was the most civil break up I have ever experienced. I wish you the best baby. Your chain smoking Corona drinking ass will be missed...lol

9 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Venom said...

So will there be a return of the Slasher or will CuddleMuffin look for someone who is ready. Perhaps Ms. Secrets is ready for a serious brother....Hmmmmmmmm

9:59 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Don't get so caught up in the relationship ending on Valentine's Day. If it was truly what's best for you, then the timing was perfect.

4:51 PM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

Sorry to hear about your news dude. I must've been gone for too long. Last I checked everything was working out fine.

As the saying goes...One bus leaves...another is scheduled to show up soon there after.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Thank you all for the sentiment. I will be fine.

@ Venom The Slasher will not return.

@ serial whats that saying "all good things must come to an end bruh " my future lies elsewhere

4:47 PM  
Blogger chele said...

Glad it was civil. I understand your point, but sometimes us girls have to figure our stuff out on our own. It's nothing personal. Men seem to always want to try and fix an unfixable situation so instead of saying to you, "No, you can't do anything," for like the 100th time, we shut down.

4:57 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Dam Cuz.... I'm sorry to hear that.. I know you was really feel'n this chick... Sounds like she probably was just not ready talk.. I get like that myself sometimes too and just shutdown.. It's my way of deal'n wit a bad situation. You should have just fell back for a minute. But then again, maybe it was not meant to be...

Let me know when you are ready to hit the streets again Loser...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

I'm not going to say I'm sorry about what happened. To feel sorrow is to feel regret. One should never regret any relationship that teaches them about themselves, or the shortcomings of others. I will say however that you are right about wasting time knowing there is a personality clash. When you least expect it, the yin to your yang will appear out of nowhere.
Peace & Blessings Bruh.
Holla at your boy!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog a couple weeks back. Sorry it took me long to pop into yours. Very interesting blog. I enjoyed the post.

12:05 AM  
Blogger EJ Flavors said...

I hate being all late like this, damnit. Sorry to hear about the breakup, man. I'm glad you're doin' alright. I'll make sure I keep up next time.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home