Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Can't Let Go

I remember Clipperman told me last year sometime. " Slish your light is on" I respond " "What the f@ck are you talking about" Clipperman Your light is on man!!! I say " You been licking razor bump cream again ? " Clipperman " Naw. Check it. Its cold outside your only way to get home is a taxi, but every taxi that passes you has a passenger inside. Then a beat up nasssty looking taxi rolls up with its on duty light on, driver speaks no english and the back seat smells like shit, But its cold and you want to get home so you get in. I respond " Yeeeah" Clipperman says" Thats your love life right now. Any chick that you date you'll try and wife them. Why cause your light is on and your just trying to get home" I paused, scratched my head , and respond " SHUT THE F@CK UP!!!!! This from a man who chooses to only date baby mamas.


Friday morning I call Barneys " Good Morning " Barneys" Good morning to you too" I say " We on for this evening" Barneys" We sure are" I say " Great. Pick you up between 5 :30 and 6 pm look cute " Barneys responds " Don't I always " I respond " Always baby. See you then"

4pm my office phone is ringing I answer Shawnla " I see you've been busy " I respond " Excuse me ? Shawnla " Who made the first move " I respond " EXCUSE ME!!! Shawnla " So she pulled Danger out huh " I say " Oooh I get it. The only time you call my ass is when you sense new chocha around me. Your a funny gal. What can I do for you" Shawnla " Oh nothing read that post on your blog figured I would give you a call" I respond " Hmmm So my emails and text messages go unanswered but as soon as you read that you want to call me. Nice!!!!!! Shawnla" Listen I didn't call to argue . Just wanted to see how you were doing" I respond " I'm fine just trying to keep myself out of trouble " Shawnla " Slish do you know why I haven't been calling you ? I say " No, but i'm sure your going to tell me " Shawnla " I feel like your pressuring me sometimes" I respond " Pressuring you!!! How? Shawnla " Your actions" Heeeere we go with the bullshit I respond " Shawnla you've been going through a lot figured I would show you some kindness and support, but I guess you interpret that with me trying to get with you " Shawnla " Maybe you don't realize what your doing sometimes. I mean your clock is ticking right? " I respond " Whatever woman. Listen lets end this conversation. If you want to go through this trial by fire on your own. Fine. I'll respect that. You need me for anything you know where I am. Latuh " I hang up

5:30 pm I pull up in front of Barneys apt and call her " I'm here sweetie" Barneys " I'll be right down " 5 minutes later Barneys comes out of her building. My heart starts to beat really fast. She walks in front of the car. Now it seems like she's moving in slow motion cause my heart is beating even faster. She turns her head, looks at me and smiles. I quickly unbuckle my seat belt. Barneys opens the passenger door and gets in. Barneys says " Hiiiii " she reaches over to my side of the car and we embrace one another. I didnt want to let her go. She must have sensed that cause she hugged me tighter. 2 minutes go by then we decide to separate . As I'm moving my head back I look into those hazel eyes and something comes over me, but its not the Slasher!!! I missed this WOMAN!!!! didn't realize it till that moment. I pull her head gently towards mine, our lips touch , then our tongues start to dance the way they used to.


Our date ended at 12 midnite. You guys can fill in the blanks your damn selves!!!!


Grantlove HOLLA AT YO BOY!!!!!!

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that.
Alot.
Regardless of the haphazard bullshit I write all the time YOU KNOW that I want someone to settle your ass!
If it's ol' girl...then like I always say...you like it, I love it!

Just be easy though.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

OK Slish..Let's make one thing clear. You are not in any way, shape, or form to rush anything. LOL... It's wonderful that you both reconnected in a positive way. The only way to keep it going in the right direction is for both of you to TAKE IT SLOW. Neither of you need to push or try and jump right back where you left off, especially you loverboy!! The best thing to do is to date and get reaquanted with one another on a mental level. The physical part is easy. Two dogs in the street can do that, but can you both open up and be honest with each other, date occasionally, and not invade each others space on some territorial shit. Just take it slow and let the chips fall in place. I have faith they will.

Peace, Blessings & GrantLove

PS. - Peep my SOULsides playlist and listen to track 3 - O.V. Wright's - "Let's Straighten It Out"
Follow that with Maze feat. Frankie Beverly's - "I Need You"
Matter of Fact, just listen to the whole damn thing!!

Peace

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

I not quite sure what I could say here so I think I'll lay back in the cut and wait it out.

11:25 AM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

It kills me when people say.."don't rush, take ya time, what's the hurry". What does taking it slow mean? Sometimes you just gotta go with what you feeling at the time. Nobody said you gone wife Barney and if you do, then great. But I think people always limiting themselves by putting up boundaries and limits when it's not even called for. Enjoy this experience no matter how it turns out. Truss! I won't steer you wrong SON! LOL! 1

11:34 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I retract my previous statement on this issue. Slish...THAT'S TIGHT!!!

Can't wait to see how this turns out but glad to have a seat at the show. I'm in the cheering section Brother...No Doubt!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Wow Slish,
You are in Luh! It was sweet that you wrote that you realized you had actually missed her.
Hope everything works out :-)

1:01 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

I may live in MA but Im not flip flopping like Kerry. I still think you need to guard your heart and keep the Emergency c**chie on speed dial...
...dont look at me like that! Didnt think I knew that dudes have BGICOEC (break glass in case of emergency c**chie) too, Huh?

Anyway, I posted just the song for you on my page. Come by and listen to the clip.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Agent 99 I'll be easy.

@ Grantlove feel like you're my trainer on this one. If anyone knows about ups and downs in relationships its yo ass. I will be needing your consulation on this one call me bruh.

@ Venom then why did you leave a comment? lol. Oh I get it you just want to belong. On the real I know how feel about this situation, but my heart is going to what it wants to do..

@ Durty Mo I feel you on that!!! but unfornately in this situation I have to go with Barneys flow. And she feels the same way Grantlove does, but its okay i'm learning to be more patient

@ Royceee Thanks Homie!!! Curious to know why you changed your mind ?

@ Paula d I just might be. Booooooy did I miss that woman.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ chezniki What ever the outcome Barneys and I will be fine. We have too much respect for one another for this to get ugly.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Something does not compute...these...feelings you speak of...do not compute...do not...

Just kiddin' my African. I understand wholeheartedly. It be's like dat sumtimes. I suppress that shit all the time, sometimes to no avail.

KZ

4:29 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

I'm just waiting to see how this plays out, Slish. You need to keep her in the front of your mind if you really want to be with her and take some action. Don't just wait on her - you may wait forever.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Just from reading the comments, they make it seem like you can't have serious feelings for anyone. I think they need to cut you a break and let you do you. It'll create some good posts later on.

8:43 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

After hearing how you felt upon seeing her again after your little time apart it is clear that I missed something before. Sounds like this girl and you got some kind of ibe and that is definitely worth inestigating to see if it means something.

I agree though...don't rush into the shyt. Women don't normally like a cat to rush...repeat after me..."SLOW AND EASY" LOL!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Zed don't suppress it man. Remember when you met your ex and how you felt. Hugs and kisses till the wee hours of the morning. Waking up next to someone who didn't mind giving you a yuck mouth kiss...

@ Phoenix I got it covered


@ R mack.. Shawnla has her own drama. She ain't thinkin bout me..LOL

@ Organized noise Thats what I'm saying.

@ Royceee Barneys and I definetly some what did you call it ? Ibe lol what does that mean ?

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo

7:06 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

@Robert Mack. A brother has been real busy man. I have some stuff ready to go I just need the time to edit and post it.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

LOL!! That was supposed to be "VIBE" My fukkin "v" key was stuck...thus the reason investigating looked like some shyt too!!! Got Dayum laptop!! I'm mad you called me out though...was hoping that went unnoticed.

11:03 AM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

You dont mind being on lock in the hot summer? Just askin, cuz lots of yall brothas get ignant so we can break up when the toes and batty riders come out! lol

Ya know I always love the Softer Side of Slish!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Royceee Thats some funny shit cause I really thought you had created a new word

@ So wise. Don't mind being on lock down for the summer. Long as i don't touch the batty rider dem i'm good

4:14 PM  
Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said...

be careful... backtracking can be a recipe for disaster. hope it all works out for you though.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Big Trev said...

I told you bruh...don't fight it, embrace it, LOL. If it don't work what harm has been done huh? At least you'll know for sure now and walk away wit peace of mind....

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home