Sunday, April 09, 2006

To Serve and Protect

I remember the day she was born April 9th 1971. I was 2 years old. My mother brought her home and put her in the crib. I must of thought she was a new toy because I couldn't get enough of her. Back then she had to be heard. Cried so loud my little ass would run to her crib and say " Ooookaaay Its Oooookaaaay " grabbing her little toe while trying to calm my new favorite person down. I wasn't like most 2 years olds who got jealous when a new sibling was brought home. I embraced it. I had someone to finally play with , someone I knew I would have to protect.


Ten years later this newborn turned into a little a firecracker. She had big brains and an attitude to go along with it. I must admit I was a little jealous at first. Every grade I was in she would get there 2 years later, have the same teacher and do waaay better than I did. Hipping my parents to the fact I was a slacker and needed motivation. Which wasn't the case at all. She was just smarter than me end of story.

A year later she gets into her first fight. It was summer time. I was in the kitchen getting something to drink my Mom's ice tea was like gatorade. Anyway I hear this banging on my screen door " Slishy Slishy your sister Stughetto is about to get into a fight" OOOOH KNOOOW!!! Although Stughetto could hold her own with me in the house. I wasn't to sure about her actually having a street fight and winning. I dropped the Ice Tea half finished into the sink and ran out side.

Stughetto and this other little girl about her size are toe to toe. No punches thrown yet just a lot of pushing and shit talk Stughetto says " Im tired of you. WATCHA GONNA DO!!!" then a push. Other little girl " I'm tired of you too WATCHA YOU GONNA DO!!!!!" she pushes Stughetto back reeeeal hard. I see the tears welling up in Stughetto's eyes . Her scare tactic wasn't working and the other little girl was not backing down. Stughetto looks at me I yell out " Do what I been teaching you!!!! BOX HER!!!! BOOOOOX HEEEER!!!!! Stughetto's face gets serious and tight. She balls up both her fists. I yell out again " THATS RIGHT!!!! NOW SHOW HER WHAT YOU GOT!!!!! Stughetto yells out " HOLD UP!!! WAIT!!!! I'll be right back!!! I'm going in my house to get my boxing gloves" WTF!!!! Bloggers we didn't have any boxing gloves. The other little girl looking at me like I Thought So!!! I run behind Stughetto and go inside the house. She's on the couch crying. " Slishy I was scared" I didn't get mad that she embarrassed me in front of the whole neigborhood. Lotta kids saw what happened that day. Rumor was Stughetto had a lot of mouth but nothing to back it up.


When Stughetto and I would fight and i'm talking knock down drag out FIGHTS!!! My father would get soooo upset with me and say Slishy!!! Your not supposed to fight with your sister" My sister standing behind my pops sticking her tongue out at me. I would say " But Daddy she's always starting with me!!!!" Pops " Slishy she's your sister protect her" I followed my dads orders and let the neighborhood kids know immediately!!!! Despite what they heard . F@cking with Stughetto was like f@cking with me. Therefore Stughetto was able to run her mouth without any repercussions.

Today is Stughetto's B- day and I still feel the same way. F@cking with her is like F@cking with me. If someone says " Yo Slish!!! Stughetto just cussed me the F@CK OOOUT !!!!!" My response will be " You probably deserved it nigga!!!!

Stughetto I was placed on this earth to protect you. I don't care how old you get and how any boyfriends you run through. Its my job and no one elses

Love ya sis.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

21 Comments:

Blogger PhillyLive said...

Cuz'n, your job is to serve and protect and break a nigga's neck if necessary get it right. And if you need help you know where to find me. That's not a problem.

I'm not going to get into it but I know you know what I'm talking about.. And I don't care if she's older that me, she is still my little cuz'n. 1

5:40 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

@Slish-That story was so sweet!((tears welling up)) When my sister, G came home from the hospital, I was four. I was happy/intrigued for about ten minutes, then I realized no one would ever pay attention to me again...Ive never recovered. LOL
Make sure you write about her birthday celebration.

@FullyLive-Where yo been? UPDATE YOUR BLOG, Man!
;-D

11:12 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Precious!
(Where's my Kleenex!)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Yeah I saw Stughetto at the birthday party about to rat my blogger name out in front of my lady of the moment. Shame on her.

@Phillylive. Good to put a face with the name.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Slish....I like your little sis but yo Izzabout to beat her ass myself Sat...had me all mad at her then laughin' with her the next minute. When I see her again...........

Nice to have met Phillylive...Mad AGAIN at my blogger boyfriend Venom!

@Venom: lady of the moment???? Ooo, I'm tellin'!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

Yeah Man, I was 4 when my little sister came home. I felt the same way. Although growing up I wanted to knock her little ass out, I Loved her like no one else and would seriously mame anybody who hurt her. My sister is 34 and I still consider her my baby sister, even though she has a $500,000 home, Merces Benz in the drivway of her Atlanta mansion, and teenage kids, she'll always be little sis....
I feel you on this one!!
Tell her I said Happy Belated B'Day!!

11:34 AM  
Blogger i like liquor and tv said...

I once got beat up by a girl with an older brother. Did yall ever live in ATL in the early to mid 80's?

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Thanks for the post and thanks for my bday party!!! I love you and Big Brother like cooked food!! From what I can remember (he! he!), it was GREAT!! And believe it or not, as crazy as I was that night, I wasn't hung over yesterday. . .But I will NEVER EVER drink like that again!!!

As for the boxing gloves story I remember that day like it was yesterday even though I can't remember that little beootch's name. It all started when she threw a firecracker at my sneakers. . .and you know how we used to stay laced in all the new shyt 'cause mommy and daddy didn't skimp on anything back then!!!

@Phillylive, what I do remember is you trying to size up a certain somebody. No need for all of that. . .underneath the baseball cap, he really is a good person so don't worry so much, okay : )

@ Venom, my bad, did your lady hear me? If so, I'm soooo sorry but I was drunk off my ass and can't be held completely responsible for what I did or said that nite. Thanks for coming!

@ Always, if you EVER try and get me drunk like that again, I WILL go buy some boxing gloves and beat yo ass!!! Even though we just met at the mall that day : ), thanks for trying to help me out during my "down time". However, the next time I see you, I will be drinking seltzer water, okay!!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Aww Slish that is so sweet. Umm so I can call you when some issh is about to go down? You know I don't usually don need no back up, but after a story like that - I have to ask.

@ Phillylive -glad to connect a name and face. I'll be in Philly this summer maybe I'll holla.

6:19 PM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

I gotta admit that was sweet bro. If I had a sister I would be wayyyyy over protective. I'd be scared to death that she would date a Serial Dater. It's the same fear I have for my unborn daughter.

I don't want the chickens coming home to roost. ;o)

SD

7:01 PM  
Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

Awww. Can you be any more adorable?! Very sweet.

7:11 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Yo..

@ Stughetto, I was not size'n up anybody.. I just tried to get a good look at that cat, just in case I have to give him 38 reasons why not to fuc wit my family. That must have been the alcohol talk'n in you. I got no problems with anybody you like, luv or whatever.. I just hope you hurry up and get married..

@ Phoenix, It was nice meeting you and your girl. I thought we was going to have to take it outside for a minute. Also, if you come Philly you need to holla at me so that I can show you how it goes down in my city.

@ Mr Venom, I see you are a smooth operator.. All those shorty's up in the building and you brought sand to the beach.. How cool are you. I was lose'n my mind black.

@ Always Alli, it was nice meeting you too.. I like your style. Real recognize real...

@ Slish, yo dog you got to do this again.. And soon... Cuz, its was some talent in the building. 4 real..

I'm out.......

9:38 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Philly I know nucca...

@ Chezniki you'll be okay when you get old and gray your little sister will have to take of you...payback is a biitch lol

@ Sandy my lil sis is precious when sober..lol

@ Venom secrets will get ya in trouble.

@ Ms Split Personality Alli..lol you get Stughetto twisted like that again. The Slasher will be knocking at yo door...

@ Grantlove Yeah I remember seeing your sister at your wedding. Boooooy if I didn't have my lady with me...I don't knooow..lol

@ Liquor like Shaggy It Wasn't Me ..lol

@ Stughetto just return the favor one day.

@ phoenix I don't know..You hang out with some big MOFO'S

@ Serial Dater where you been. Yeah dog my unborn daughter is going to hate me when she becomes a teenager.

@ Leslie I can be that way while under the influence of Hennessy..lol

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Sending out some Aries love to your sister. (My b-day is April 13th) You know how us Aries are...little pistol starters...LOL!

That was a really sweet story. I love the way you put stuff together...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Awww...that was sweet. That's how I am when it comes to my sisters...I can do what I want to them but if someone else tries something...there will be heck to pay..hope she enjoys her birthday

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Dynasty Thats right!!!...Stughetto's ass was off the hook on her b-day..lol

@ Honey are you the spoiled one in your family.

@ R mack I'll take those props..lol

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to my page again talking shit and Slasher is gonna get got AND caught up!!!!!!!!!! lol

4:36 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

awwwwwww *where my tissha?* 2 freaking cute... I'm 10 years younger than my brother, he use to call me fat (ok so I was a pudgy kid, shit happens) and I shot him in the neck w/ a b b gun..I was 4 *he he he* we da best of friends now!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

That was sooooo sweet! I have 3 older brothers myself so im familiar with the to "Serve as Protect" routine.

:-)

3:50 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Big brothers are the best!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Slish:

I know I am late but I was on vacation so I am paying catch up on your posts.

I do not have a big brother, wish I did. I am a big sister and my sister and I are not very close (mostly because of our age difference). I did have alot of male cousins, younger than me who thought they were my big brother though.

I hope my kids are the same way you are with your sister. Nothing has ever happened to test that yet.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home