Monday, June 26, 2006

Save A Pretty Girl For Me The Finale

Summer of 84. Here I am the man. The prettiest girl on my block was my girlfriend. Most of my crew was proud of me except for Fondu. He didn't expect my first girlfriend to be so pretty. Figured I would end up with a chick that looked like his bow legged leggo beast we nicknamed The Black Bandit. She was yuuuugly!!! I mean she was beyond dark skinned and had a wet jheri curl. Her only redeeming quality. She was cool as shit. Nothing phased her not even Fondu's obnoxious personality. Maybe thats what he saw in her.


Now I was real nervous about having a girlfriend. As you all know the only girl I ever kissed was my pillow and it didn't kiss back. What was I going to do ? Ask my boys for help ? Heeell no! I would be subjected to ridicule for months. I didn't want to kiss Casey, be horrible and she leave me for some other boy that was better. I needed to practice on another girl a willing participate who wouldn't tell. That summer Casey wasn't the only girl that liked me. Lips had been chasing me since spring, but she scared me. Everytime I saw her she would lick her lips and whisper real nasty things to me. Being inexperienced I knew if Lips ever got me behind closed doors. I would be found OUT!!! Cause she would definitely tell and make me a bigger herb than I already was, but that didn't matter to me. Would risk it. If it meant keeping Casey as my girl.

One day The crew was hanging out at Fondu's house. It was me, Phantom, his girl Cherry , Fondu, and Cherry's homegirl Lips. I was in Fondu's room playing Atari. Phantom was in the next room getting busy. Fondu probably downstairs trying to get Lips to forget about me. It didn't work because about a half an hour later she was standing in front of me licking her Lips asking " Slish don't you like me?" I say " I like you , but there is someone else I like more. " Lips responds " You mean that girl at the end of the block ? I say " How do you know that! Who told you? Lips responds " Fondu. He told me coming up here woud be a waste of time", Licking her lips and rubbing on her chest " Tell me Slish am I wasting my time " It took every bone in my body not to jump her ass right there and start practicing my kissing technique. I respond " Ye yes. " I decided then I would take my chances with Casey. If she really liked me. Not being able to kiss wouldn't matter.

For a whole month I would go to Casey's house, watch televison and just hold her hand. I was still too scared to kiss her. I could sense she was getting frustrated too. Then one night while doing my usual its 9 pm time for me to go home routine. Casey blocks her front door " Slish you're not leaving here until you kiss me! I say " But Casey I have to go. You know my daddy will whup my ass if I come into the house past curfew. " Casey " Slish all you have to do is kiss me and I'll let you leave. Don't you want to ? " I looked in Casey's light brown eyes. I wanted soooo badly to kiss her , but my mind was telling me no. So I tried to push passed her but she wasn't having it. Casey grabs my head and pulls my face closer to hers. Our lips touch! She starts to suck on them. I'm thinking to myself this isn't so bad. I can do this! Then Casey opens her mouth ! Whats This ? I'm not prepared ! Do something Slish ! I open my mouth too. Casey's tongue reaches out to mine. I meet it half way. Our tongues start to dance like they've been taking tango lessons. We were so caught up in our dance session . That we didn't notice her front door opening . Coming in from behind it was Casey's Daddy!!!! I push her off me immediately !!!! Casey's Daddy says " Whats going on here!!!! I respond " N N Nothing sir I was just leaving !

For most of the summer all Casey and I did was kiss. I got real good at it too. One night I stepped it up a notch and brought Casey over to my house while my parents were asleep. When I did it I made sure The Crew saw me. Mistake Mistake Mistaaaake!!!!! Fondu was with them! He shouts out " WHOO HOOO AIIGHT SLISH GET THAT PUSSY!" Oh Shit!!!! Casey whispers " Did he just say what I think he said " DAMN DAMN DAMN Casey " Take me home Slish. I don't feel comfortable here. " SHIT SHIIIT !!! He's going to pay for that! I take Casey home, walk over to where the crew is, grab Fondu by the neck and throw him on the concrete HEAD FIRST!!!! I say " WHY! WHY! Do I do things like that to you when The Black Bandit is in your house! Fondu " GET THE FUCK OFF ME! " I let go of him . Fondu gets up off of the floor, wipes the dirt off his face. Phantom laughs and says " Slish just whupped yo ass. Bet you won't do that dumb shit again ." The Crew starts laughing . Fondu gets pissed and leaves.

Summer is over. The School year begins. I'm in my sophomore year. Casey is in her freshman year at a different High School. As the months went by I noticed Casey was becoming a little distant. I figured it was probably the stress of her being in a new school. Wasn't that at all. Casey was a very pretty girl and pretty girls get a lot of attention from other guys. The extra attention caused Casey to question her feelings for me. Looking back now I can understand, but you try telling a 15 year old boy in love that his girlfriend might want to date other guys. Casey "Slish I care about you but we're still young and i'm getting all this attention I don't know what to do" I say " You want to go out with someone else?" Casey " No, yes , no I don't know! I'm confused Slish and I don't want to hurt you." I say " Its too late for that Casey." I leave her house. Later that night Casey and I broke up over the phone. We were never a couple again.

Casey and I never lost touch. We've remained friends for the past 23 years. I can say with confidence she is my best friend, but like always all good things must come to an end because Barneys has quickly taken her place. I'm sure Casey wouldn't mind that at all.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to have some jokes for you, but couldn't come up with any. Lucky for you. Anyway, you hung out with some stupid-ass M'Fers back in the day...

11:05 AM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

That was touching.

My first "real" girlfriend became my very best friend too after we broke up and finally stopped having sex with each other. But isn't that always the case.

SD

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww that was a sweet story and a happy ending :-)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

Ah... Slishy Slash. What a beautiful story. Young love, I swear. I remember, I remember.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

So are you tellin' me you didn't get the pussy?

KZ

3:01 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Awwwwwwwwwww I'ma call my first boyfriend when I go to Jerz next weekend. He married now with 2 beautiful kids and some high powered city job but still this story inspired me...I wanna know how he is.

Great story Slish...even greater that your girl (Barney's) has become your new best friend...ain't nothing better then that!!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

That's cool that y'all are still tight. I had a friend like that, but his girlfriend ending up putting the kibosh on our friendship.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

You're a HERB!! J/K......
You are showin' that age with that early 80's jargon however.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, the first post was me.


Mr. Music

4:32 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Anonymous Fondu was the only stupid mofo. He was like Lex Luthor...lol

@ Serial Let me find out you getting soft since your surgery.. No one liners..lol

@ Mznewagenda It was a happy ending wasn't it.

@ Insanity Slish was the only personality I had to deal with back then. The Slasher didn't surface until my early twenties.

@ Zed didn't get the pussy


@ Royce DON'T CALL HIM!!! He might get a look at ya and want to leave his family..lol


@ Mizjj Casey and I have managed to maintain our friendship even when we are in relationships. As long as you don't hide the friendship from your significant other its all good..

@ Grantlove Shut up BEECH ASS NEEGA !! With yo Ensure drinking ass.

@ MR Music BTW WHO CARES!!!! ..lol

4:39 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Thats good yall still cool...
Why didn't her daddy do you like you did Fondu hatin ass?...*lol*

no Zed, No pussy for the Slish Slasher...*lol*

*lol* @ GrantLove, "herb"...*lol*

4:57 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

stop lying you know you didn't have a girlfriend until 1987. LOL

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Aww Slish, I love your little nostalgic posts!!! The perfect theme song to these would be "I Need Love" by LL.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Insane Casey's daddy couldn't hit what he can't catch. I was quick!!!

@ Haha NOT!!!! Thats why you don't have a man now..ALL THAT HATIN!!!..lol


@ Mistress. I bounced back real quick after that..Might tell that story too..lol

1:22 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Echo Funny you should ask about Lips. She got pregnant her first year in High School. My intuition was right. Glad I missed that bullet..lol

8:24 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

This was sooo sweet.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Dynasty I told ya'll about tagging me...NEEEEVEEER!!!!

@ R Mack...Shhhhh streets is watching...lol as for Fondu we no longer speak. Haven't for about a year. I'll get into that in one of my future posts...

@msnhm Thank you..:)

1:57 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

I am crackin' up at how you laid the smackdown on Fondu! He soooooo deserved it! There's a hater in every crowd, huh?

Yes and I can't wait to see the post on how you and Fondu fell off.

I am glad that you and Casey are still friends. Old friends are the best friends.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Sandy Baby.. What I didn't mention in that post was after Fondu left. He went home and got a machete and threatened to chop my ass...lol

3:41 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Awwwwww

6:59 PM  
Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said...

you are one reminiscing nostalgic old coon! lol. j/k.. cute story.. but i'm ready for some fiyah negro! bring on the heat please! all of this sweet shit is giving me a toothache!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home