Sunday, August 13, 2006

Call Me If You Need Me.

Although i've found my future. A few friends and family's personal lives are crumbling into 100 little pieces . The first call came on Friday night before the bbq. It was from my ex girlfriend Casey.

" Whats wrong ? " Casey Crying on the other end responds " I I i'm sorry Slish I shouldn't have called " I respond " No its okay. Something must be wrong because you never call this late and you're crying. You have my full attention" Casey still crying " I'll be fine I shouldn't have called" I sigh and say " Casey does this have anything to do with your B-day on Sunday? Casey responds " Something like that " I say " Your boyfriend have anything planned ? Casey starts crying again" N No he's working and doesn't have time. " I respond "DOESN' T HAVE TIME!!! Its your birthday ! How could he not make time for you ! Casey " Slish his job is very demanding ( Note to Bloggers Casey's Boyfriend is a doctor) He did come by and see me tonight. " I say " I get it now. I know why you're crying. Dr Dolittle came over a hug, kiss, and two to three strokes later . He tells you he has to go and hopes you understand " Casey sobs " Yes. Slish I I just wanted more time with him. I just wanted more time. " I look at the side walk sigh and answer " Damn. When is this cat going to realize what he has " Casey is a bright, successful, beautiful woman. A great catch for a smart brotha. Dr Dolittle may be a doctor but smart he is not! " Casey you need to stop doing this to yourself. Don't let him use you like this. You deserve better. A man that truly loves you wouldn't treat you this way. Do Little loves himself and his career. If you keep him in your life it will prevent you from meeting your future." Casey responds" I know. Listen i'll be okay. Go back to what you were doing. " I respond " Okay. I'll check in on you tommorrow. Try and come to the bbq. I think it will be good for you to get out " Casey " We'll see " She hangs up

1 hr later after showing Zed where the 6 train was. I'm walking back from the train station. My phone rings again. I look at the screen I must be in the twilight zone !! Its my ex Poochie Lee. I answer Poochie Lee " Nigga what you doin " I respond " Walking down 23rd street. Whats up." Poochie Lee sighs " He doesn't get it he just doesn't get it " I respond" Who doesn't get it ? Poochie Lee " My man. He hasn't figured out that i'm bored. I stepped out on his ass twice and he hasn't even noticed. " I say " Poochie Lee that ain't right. Have you spoken to yo man ? " Poochie Lee qouting YO-YO " Yeah but he don't hear me Yo" I start laughing and say" Listen I can't have this conversation with you right now. I'll call you on Sunday. Oh yeah Poochie Lee STOP hanging out with other guys. Resolve things with your man before you get yo ass in trouble. Poochie Lee " Whatever don't forget to call me on Sunday "


Early Sunday morning My cell phone is ringing again. Barney's " Baby aren't you going to pick up your phone? " I groan and respond " Nope. Don't care who it is " Barneys " Baby I told you about not answering your phone. It could be an emergency " I sigh look at the screen. Its my cousin Bowie I pick up the phone " Hello " Bowie " Nigga take your face out the pussy " I respond " Maybe if you did that more often your fucking lips wouldn't be so dry. State your business or get hung up on" Bowie laughs " I was just calling to see how the cookout went" I respond " Bowie !! Its 9 am you could have called me in the afternoon for that shit. I get out of bed and walk into the Barneys living room " Whats wrong?" Bowie responds" Why something always has to be wrong for me to call you " I rub my forehead and respond " Boooowie!!!" Bowie" Okayokayokay ! I left BB( his wife) last night and moved in with my sister. " I'm not surprised because that marriage was over before it even started. I respond " What happened ? Bowie " I just had enough of her disrespecting me. This time around Slish I snatched her up and it felt too good and came so easily to me. I don't want to be that kind of man. So I left " I smile on the other end of the phone and respond " I'm proud of you. You did the right thing. Sooo is this it. Have you finally taken enough abuse. " Bowie " I don't know haven't put much thought into that. Just had to get way before someone got hurt. " I respond " I hear ya bruh. Want me and Good & Plenty to come down for support " Bowie " Nah i'm good. This time around it didn't sting as much. " I respond " Aiight call me if you need me. "


That always been my motto.

Call me if you need me.

24 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

It's hard to have friends who are there for you in good times AND more importantly, in bad ones. You're a good guy Charlie Brown . . . I mean, Mr. Slish.

4:28 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Mr. Slish/Dr. Phil....good that your friends can call on you when they need you.

However, the ex-girlfriend's looking for advice need to chill out on calling. Miss Barney's won't be having that down the road.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Organized Keep it in mind... lol..Charlie Brown

@ 1969 Barneys is cool..One thing about my sweetie she ain't worried about no chick ( Well at least thats what she tells me) Poochie Lee did call me back about her issues I let my sweetie talk to her and give her advice..She needed a females opinion anyway..lol

8:45 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I recall dialing your # 3 times and your ass didn't pick up or call back....
but as Zed says...I get it.

Off topic....whatever happened to the chick that worked at your job...the one that was engaged one minute then tryna feel on danger the next? I know you didn't (read:BET NOT) do anything with her...but since you both work together (same business)...just wondered if she was hard to get rid of?

9:06 AM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

Keep on being a good friend, Slish. It aint enough of those in the world.

9:57 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

DAMN! Talk about drama. I'm glad things are going well for YOU at least! :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you're a better friend than me. i've been lately telling people that they should consider therapy, anti depressants, and professional help!

and amazingly no one really likes to talk to me much anymore.

humph!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool that Barney's gave her some advice but er um I would have NEVER called an ex about a situation with a current...I would have called one of my few close girls in the first place...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Blah I was probably knee deep in my sweeties sugar walls HATER!!! lol As for Ms Claxy she's cool Her fiancee moved back in. As a matter of fact. She introduced me to him one morning.

@ Jo Jo I'll do the best I can


@ Bz..Too much Drama. Its always that way..When i'm fine everyone else is going through their own private hell..lol

@ Miss Ahmad.. I've tried. Even referred a few of them to my therapist..They still keep calling me..lol

@ R Mack.. Take a bite out of all three..lol

@ @ Mznewagenda.. Its cool..Poochie and I broke up over 15 years ago. We're more like brother sister now...

1:54 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I know Barney's ain't worried. I mean damn, she's Barney's :)

Just a thought...How would you react if Barney's had some ex boyfriend's calling her for advice?
Yes, it means nothing but that doesn't make it appropriate. You know what I mean...

2:53 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I was merely mentioning that I called you when I needed you...and ummm, regardless of whether you and your lovely Barneys where doing ...it.....you still never got back to me.

You seem to think I am "hatin'" on your love thang. I'm not!, matter of fact, you know I think B is a cutey and love in any form is a good thing...it's you that's icky! lol

Thanks for the update on Ms Claxy. I would ask about the others but they all run together. Plus, all we hear about is B so...I kinda forgot about what name belongs to what story.

LOL @ 1969

3:16 PM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Half the time when people call for advice they already know the answer, they just need somebody else to say it. It's different with me and my crew. It seems like lately when one of our walls come tumbling down, the whole damn neighborhood (the rest of us) fall like dominoes...LOL

4:23 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

I sure hope the people who called Slish knew the answers to their problems before they called his ass for advice. LOL.

and slish can you please correct my name on your link to Phoenix.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

First off, Robert Mack ain't joking. That cat is THEE blogmack!

Slish is that guy to talk to. He's not really a softsoap muthafucka. If you want the hard truth about your situation, that's a good man to call.

KZ

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ 1969 I hear you. :)

@ Uh Blaaaaaah Itsnotthatdeep!

@ One That negative energy is a muthafucka...

@ Phoenix..I'm not correcting shit! For what! Phoenix is not your real NAME!!!..lol

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Zed Softsoap..lmaof..I couldn't have said that better myself...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

I'm about to call your ass to find out where my CD's are!!
2 wks till NYC playa!!

Peace

9:00 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Your right ...buddy-o-pal....that's what I have been trying to tell you...it's not that serious.

Did I send you Will's invite for this Saturday?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I think it's cool that people can call you and get advice .
I know it sucks sometimes but it just means that people feel you are a trustworthy person. You, Mr. Slish- are the secret keeper!!! hahahaaha!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

You like a black version of Dr. Phil? LOL!! I need your help on something too...how much you charge

4:47 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

slish you are an IDIOT!!!!!!!!! lol

you don't want me to tell folks about how I made you.......

6:04 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Grantlove.. I GOOOOTCHA

@ Yes I did..Don't know if I can make it.

@ Sangin Diva.. Sometimes it does suck..BUT. I have accepted my role..lol

@ Royce HAHAHAHA NOT!!! lol...Dr Phil you gots jokes...You don't need any help African!!! lol

@ Phoenix Made me what!!..Parade around in bikini underwear in from the whole High School..Yeah YOU MADE ME..Made reealll popular! Chicks were pointing and talking about me for days..lol

4:10 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Congrats on the Promtion chump! (yeah I just saw your comment at Zed's spot)...sooooo ummmmm when you buying a certain someone that piece of ice'ola???

4:27 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Royce Shhhhh...You know she reads this blog..lol

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home