Monday, July 10, 2006

A Day To Remember

Saturday 1pm I'm sitting at my computer downloading some new music. Chili's(TLC) new Joint Game Proof , Tamia's Too Grown For That and a few others I can't seem to remember right now. I open my mixmeister program and decide to add these slamming tracks to one of my Slish Mix's at Six. Before I knew it. It was 1:45pm SHIIIIT!!!! My boy Spankinazz is getting married TODAY!!! Let me get dressed before i'm late for this momentus occasion.

I hop in the shower. Scrub the dust off me. Put on an outfit that says " Who's That Nigga !!!" I leave my house and jump in the Batmobile. I look at the clock in the car. It says 2:45 pm. I'm running a little late so I call my sweetie and let her know. Barneys responds'' Papi we're going to be laaaate." I respond " Baby this is a west indian wedding. The invitation may say 3:30pm but they really mean 5 pm. Don't worry I'll be there shortly"

Arrive at Barneys apt at 3:15 pm. I go inside. DAMNNNNN !! They gone be some jealous bitches TONIGHT!!! I wipe the drool from my face and kiss my future . Barneys hands me a dress. I say " Whats this dress for" Barneys" Baby you didn't think I was going to wear the same thing to the reception " I shake my head, laugh and respond " Let me find out i'm in love with a diva. Okay J-lo lets roll " She pushes out her bottom lip, I give her a kiss and off we go "

Barneys and I get to the church at 3 :45 pm. As i'm driving by I see Spankinazz dressed in his tux walking down the block. I look over at Barneys and say " See that baby what I tell you. West indian wedding. Barneys giggles and responds " Whatever" I park the car and we head over to the church.

As the both of us walk over. I see that Spankinazz is still outside. I say " Yo B its not too late. I have a full tank of gas and a navigation system. If you're having cold feet say the word" Barneys slaps me on the arm " Baaaaby " I say " What!! I 'm just saying! Just in case !!! Spankinazz would do it for me ! " Barneys rolls her eyes and pushes me out of the way and shakes his hand Spankinazz smiles " Its nice to finally meet you " I say " So whats the hold up. Why is everyone standing outside" Spankinazz responds " West Indian wedding bruh. Bride is on her way" I say " Is it all right for us to go inside ? " Spankinazz responds " Unless you're a vampire I don't see why not " Barneys starts to laugh I respond " Punk ass. " We go inside the church.

5pm on the DOT! The bride has arrived! Music starts to play. The bridesmaids and groomsmen start to walk out. When they get to the middle of the Isle. Each groomsman spins the bridesmaid. Oh don't look at the screen side ways that was some fly shit. Flower girl is the last person to walk down the isle before the bride. The whole church gets quiet. John Legend's So High is what the bride has chosen to greet her future husband. Barneys and I stand with the rest of the guests as she walks down the isle. Something comes over me. My hand starts to move slowly down Barneys back making its way to the forbidden zone. I must have dozed off for a minute and let the Slasher take over. Barneys looks at him and whispers " Don't you dare grab my ass in this church" The Slasher gives her a devilish grin " Wait until we get home woman" Barneys giggles and changes the topic " Baby Spankinazz's bride looks so beautiful her dress is fantastic." I smile and respond " She does doesn't she "

The ceremony lasted about 40 minutes. During that time a family member recited a poem and in that poem she said Marriage is not natural but a culture. We as African Americans must empower our spouses due to the many challenges we face as a people. Spend less time arguing and more time strengthening the African American family structure. Without that we will become extinct. I grabbed Barneys hand real tight as those words were being said.


6: 35pm we get to the reception. Barneys and I head straight for the appetizers . I walk over to the gentleman slicing up some turkey and roast beef. The guests ahead of me are either choosing turkey or beef. Ofcourse when I get to him " Ummmm can I have both" Barneys starts shaking her and gives me the I can't take you anywhere look. We leave him. All of a sudden Barneys gets excited " Papa look. Moooooore" I look over to where my sweetie is pointing Whoa!! What a spread. Cheeses, Fruit, Stuffed mushrooms, eggplant, calamari and a whole bunch of other delicious goodies. Since Barneys and I are not ashamed WE DIG IN!!!

3 1/2 hrs later Barneys and I have stepped in the name of love, wined up our bodies to wait de now ah who dat ah come, and disco danced to ain't no stopping us now. We had so much fun. Too bad we had to leave a little early. As i'm walking out. I hug my sweetie and say " You make me look good" She responds " Baby thats my job" I look back at Spankinazz sitting at the main table. We make eye contact . I give him the thumbs up. He gives me a nod like " Thats right nigga you're next "

I look at Barneys and then head for the door thinking to myself I don't mind. I don't mind that at all.

31 Comments:

Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Thank you for not grabbing her ass in church!

It sounds like this was a beautiful wedding! I LOVE weddings!

And look ya'll, Slish is next on the hubby train....yay!!! Sweet!!!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Just remember my last post when you and Barney's get married.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I like this post the best.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwww Sounds like a beautiful wedding...

9:22 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

West Indian weddings always start at least an hour and a half late. If I ever decided to get married (would have to have been lobotomized, first), I wouldn't be playing that sh*t! If it says 3:30, we lockin the doors at 3:15! LOL

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ at you copping a feel at church.

Sounds like a real nice scene.

10:29 AM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

You think West Indian weddings start late, try West African weddings!!! Ask any Ghanaian or Nigerain you know and they will say I'm right! (My own wedding started an hour late and that is considered good - LOL)

I love weddings too. You and Barneys are so precious!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Prophetess said...

Aint nothing wrong with Love, Slish. Nothing. Every night I go to sleep praying for someone special for me... (aint nobody gone put up with my attitude, LOL)

You and Barneys is NEXT. I'm waving my magic wand for y'all...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

WOW! It makes me feel good to hear a man talking like this...you guys are too sweet!

Glad the wedding was nice...tell Spankinazz I said congrats.

Oh and my CD's never came...you playing with me or what?

12:08 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Alright now, I am West Indian and my wedding started on time! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Congrats to your friend.

1:20 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

AWWWWWWW i love BLack lOVE!!!!!!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Marriage is not natural but a culture. We as African Americans must empower our spouses due to the many challenges we face as a people. Spend less time arguing and more time strengthening the African American family structure. Without that we will become extinct.


THIS IS SO TRUE!!!!

I can't wait til you and Barneys do tha damn THANG!!!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Slish who do I make the paypal donation check out to for engagement/wedding gift...lol...I need to start saving up...happiness looks good on you now...(pre-slish/slash lurker/reader)....enjoy it....it can only get 'betta'

3:53 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

What's even worse is when the RECEPTION is late because the wedding party is somewhere taking pictures...you sit through a long a$$ service, get lost driving to the reception, then you get there (you and forty-five extra jokers who didnt attend the service) and there's NO FOOD! HORRORS!

Now Slish, when yall get married, be sure to have a pre-reception room for folk to mingle, get appetizers and drank while yall are out in Central Park getting your pictures done, Okay?!?!

:-P

4:12 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ mistress I should have grabbed her ass..lol

@ Organized I remember..NEVEEER That!!!!


@ Blah Glad you likey!!


@ mz newagenda It was real nice had a great time.

@ Bz..Never say never..Some dude is going to lip, ass, coochie smack down on ya and get you to the isle.

@ T cas Barneys would have slapped the Slasher right out of me if I had grabbed her ass...lol


@ Sandybaby Ghana!!!! Thats where you from..lol An hour late WHY???

@ Insanity don't say that. There is someone out there who's going to like that bad attitude. Keeps them on their toes. Some Brothas like that..

@ Royce I'm gonna stop talking like this. Ya'll gonna get tired of me soon..lol

Cds were sent out to ya. It was in a DMV envelope. Check again...If you still don't find the envelope let me know I'll resend them...No problem

@ 1969.. You were lucky..Sure you were not a bridezilla..lol

@ Ill nana...Black Love loves us

@ Nsane Oh how true that statement is...

@ Ms degrate one Thank you for generosity...PAYPALISJUSTFINE!!!

@ Chez.. Actually Spankinazz's receprion was great. By the time Barneys and I got there..They had finished taking those pictures...Place was set up for it...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Author Patricia Pickett said...

Aw. what a cool post.....

That was so sweet. I hope my dude feels like this one day...heheh soon..hehehe

5:05 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

aww that was beautiful.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

I sense a sudden change in the force.

Well if you are gonna do it, just realize we gotta go to South Beach to have a bachelor weekend, I've got the perfect spot.

7:53 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

Slishy, the best man and two of the groomsmen were late because they were getting haircuts. Naturally I was not aware of this at the time. Because if I did, they would've got cut!

Yes, my fam is from Ghana. WEST- SIDE!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Greeneyedrican Hopefully he will

@ Phoenix awwwww Shut up..lol

@ There is a shift in the force.

South beach sounds fine by me...lol

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ SandyBaby..WESTSIIIDE!! Huh...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Aww sounds like your abouut to take a walk down the isle yourself

10:41 AM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

awww, that is so sweet to hear a guy that doesn't run at the thought of marrying someone. It is nice that you found someone who makes you feel like that.
Oh and i know what you mean about the 1 1/2 hr late thing, man west indians always gotta be late but there is a reason we always look better for it.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Marriage is a good thing. Matrimony rules!!!

*shakingmyhead*

KZ

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Msnhm Just hope that isle isn't crooked..lol

@ Snakebite Why run from a good thing.

@ R Mack Its okay Bruh...The force will be okay without me. btw I like that Jigga line !!!


@ Freelancer...Lol Yeah Yeah Yeah

@ Zed You sarcastic MOFO!!!! Lmaof...


@

4:36 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

OK...you're at a WI wedding and no goat, no jerk, no bammy and sal'fish and tings and tings? lol

"wait de now ah who dat ah come"

That's my boy!!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

That wedding sounds beautiful. Nothing like the travesty I had to endure (((rolling my eyes))) Did Barney's catch the bouquet? LOL!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I am a newbie to the Slish and Barneys saga :)
but yall sound like THE love birds....
gives us all hope :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

New post please...you trippin!

Oh and thanks for the CD's...You the best Slish Master I.C.E.

10:34 PM  
Blogger fuckgoogle said...

29th of June my brother is taking that step and I'm the best man I'm nervous as hell...I can't remember the last time I've even been to one.....I slide in and out of a mature state soooo I'm coping a feel....lol...1

4:35 AM  
Blogger babybear said...

Aww Slish you and Barneys are so cute. You go Barneys! But the different dress thing I was like HUNH? Is that a cultural thing?

Tell Spankinazz I said CONGRATULATIONS!!!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home