Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Evolved

Evolve. Everyone does sooner or later. August 2005 it happpened to me. I evolved into a creature that needed positive energy to sustain itself. Too much negative energy caused this creature to lose focus. Without focus anything positive went unnoticed.

Fondu's presence in my life was draining me. He called me daily to vent about his mistress"

"Slish why couldn't things have remained the same, "

"I want penile implants. I Know that Blaack Muthafucka has a bigger dick than me."

"Slish I went to the park today, got out of my car, opened the trunk and looked at the clean sheets my mistress and I would use when we went to the tele. I cried when I realized I haven't used them in months "

"Son I can't do it. I know I should let her go but I can't . I- I- I feel like I just want it all to end."

I say " WHAT!!! are fucking kidding me! Get a grip. Sounds like you're about to get careless and do some dumb shit. Go home to your wife Fondu! Your mistress has moved on. Fondu " Slish I know, but I love her . Why can't things just be the same" I yell " FONDU!!!! Listen to me !!! LET - THIS - WOMAN - GO!!!!!! Fondu " I'll talk to you later Slish " He hangs up


I immediately call my boy Phantom " Yo Fondu about to do something stupid" Phantom laughing " What that crazy nigga up to now" I respond " This shit aint funny. I think he might hurt himself " Phantom " Whoa Whoa Whoa HOLD UP!! He tell you that ? I respond " Lets put it this way. This nigga is at a park RIGHT NOW!!! Crying over the fact he hasn't used some fucking sheets" Phantom " Slish what the fuck are you talking about. What sheets ! " I respond "The sheets he and his mistress use when they go to the motel to bone! Phantom is laughing real loud now and says " Thats yo boy. Glad he don't call me with that bullshit. " I say " We need to do something. Fondu needs an intervention " Phantom " Correction we don't need to do shit " I say " C mon Phantom !!! If he gets careless and his wife catches him. Thats his ass. His marriage will be over, she will take him for the pennies he's got including those 3 houses. Besides your trained to handle situations like this " Phantom responds " The msw program i'm in does not train me to keep psychotic friends from cheating on their wives. " I rub my forehead, close my eyes briefly and respond "This shit has to end Phantom. I'm calling the mistress! " Phantom " You buggin!!! Don't do it Slish! He'll resent you for it" I respond " Fine! Wouldn't be the first time. Besides its a win win. I call the Mistress, tell her how Fondu is behaving, she gives him his walking papers or she tells him I called her, he gets angry and never speaks to me again. WIN WIN !! Phantom " I've trained you well. "


So that day I called Fondu's mistress. Surprisingly we had a very pleasant conversation. She told me that she recently got engaged to the Big Blaaaack Muthafucka and that she and Fondu are only friends. Nothing more. I explained to her that Fondu does not see it that way and is behaving irrationally and she needs to clarify to him that their relationship is over. She agreed and swore she would not tell Fondu I called.


The calls stop coming from Fondu shortly after I had that conversation with his mistress. As matter of fact he wasn't even calling me to say whats up. Seemed like my plan had worked. After all I knew the mistress would tell.

August 2005 We all had to go to Phantoms wedding in Jamaica. Fondu and I somehow reconnect at Phantoms bachelor party. I offered him and his wife a ride to the airport since I already arranged to park The Batmobile there while we were away. He accepted but probably out of neccessity Phantoms wedding broke both our pockets.

I get to his house the morning of our trip. I get out of my car to open the trunk and help him and his Lady Love with their bags. Lady Love goes back into the house to get some more luggage. Fondu looks up at the doorway to see if she's coming and whispers to me " I should fucking bury you. " OH SHIT!!! This is going to be a loooong trip" His wife comes back out the house. His frown turns into a smile and he gives me a pound " Yo I really appreciate you doing this for me. You're a good friend. " This cat is going to throw me off the fucking plane !!!!

5 hours later we're in paradise and on a bus headed to Ochi Rios. Fondu " So Slish what happened? How come you came to Phantom's wedding by yourself ? " I respond " Couldn't find the right person to go with me. Can't take some random chick to your best friends wedding which happens to be in Paradise. She might fall in love." Fondu " Thats your problem Slish you're too damn picky. You will always be alone. Look at me. I have a beautiful wife , property and I make more money than you do. You want what I have " I shake my head and take a sip of my hennessy "Slasher don't answer this nigga he looking for trouble"

I somehow knew this would happen probably why I decided not to stay in the Hotel with the rest of Phantom's guests. I avoided Fondu for most of the trip. If we had to be in the same room I made sure I stood next to his wife. Fondu couldn't say anything slick while she was around.

Wedding day. I do my job as the Best Man. I make sure Phantom gets dressed and to the alter on time. I must say I did a damn good job. I made my speech and the crowd went " Awwwww thats so sweet" Phantoms bride turns to him and says " Baby did you really say everything you did to better yourself you did for me? " Phantom nods and kissses his bride. I take my seat next to Phantom. Heeeere comes Fondu with this shitty grin on his face. Its obvious he's drunk. He congratulates the bride and groom then makes his way over to me " Great job. You really are the best man " He shakes my hand and squeezes it reeeeal tight. This muthafucka!!!! I start hearing that Incredible Hulk music again. Before I knew it I had Blacked out!!! The Slasher had taken control of the steering wheel.


The Slasher gets up from his seat and spots Fondu by the bar. " Can I talk to you outside ." Fondu follows the Slasher Slasher " Whats your problem! " Fondu responds " Problem? I have no problem with you" Slasher " Bullshit nigga you been taking verbal jabs at me since we set foot on this Island ! " Fondu " Slish why don' you tell me why I've been taking verbal jabs at you " RIGHT THEN IT HITS ME!!!! This muthafucka don't know shit ! He suspects but has nothing concrete to prove it!!! Slasher plays along and responds " Tell me what I did. " Fondu's face gets tight!!! because he realizes that I am not going to confess and tell him I spoke with his mistress about ending their relationship. " Why Slish? You were like a brother. You betrayed me " I feel a hint of guilt and Slish starting to wake up. Slasher slaps the shit out of Slish and says " I betrayed you! You betray yourself daily! You betray your wife! Your friends and family by making them cover for you! I point over to his wife who is clueless to what is going on and say " You betray that woman over there!!! Who somehow believes that you will ride or die together!" Fondu yells back " Then go over there and tell my wife everything you're telling me right now ! " I say" Hmph!! Thats what what you want. Make me the bad guy so you can walk away from a marriage you never wanted in the first place. That my friend is true evil. You are an evil man. When we get back to the states This friendship is over! Fondu smirks and responds " You don't mean that Slish " I respond Oh I mean it ! Its time you fought that demon that lives inside of you by yo DAMN SELF!!!!!


I evolved that day people . I evolved into a man with a conscience

27 Comments:

Blogger SandyBaby said...

Wow Slishy!

Doesn't it feel good to get rid of negative energy? Talk about RELIEF!

Are Fondu and LadyLove still together?

8:30 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

This is exactly the type of guy I was referring to in my comment to your last post. Guys like this, give guys like us a bad name. They make it even harder on guys like me to find someone because they give ALL guys a bad name. Glad you were able to disassociate yourself from a guy like that.

9:25 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

oh man these last two posts have really hit home for me. I had a home boy who was constantly doing dirt, constantly involving me in it. (the home girl as an alibi works all to well) until finally i really and truly couldn't handle it any more.

his negative behaviour towards women was vile and I no longer wanted to be associated with such. I have felt sooo much better since letting him know that I cannot and will not be privvy to such madness, and I hope that in time he will be more of a man, and less of a reckless boy, like your friend (formerly) Fondu

Thanks Slish, needed this!

10:00 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

You tell a good story Slish. Good thing that you suppressed Slasher or y'all would have turned that island OUT!!! It's too bad that sometimes we have to "chemo" negative friends like they're cancer.

10:03 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I hate when mofos aren't man enough to take responsibility for their feelings and end a relationship. They either do something stupid to make the woman mad enough to end it for them; or they get someone else to do their dirty work. P*ssies.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Sandy Felt Damn good at the time. As for Fondu and LadyLove they are still together.

@ Organized Don't worry nice guys don't finish last anymore..:) Come to the bbq August 5th and I will show you what i'm talking about.

@ Ms Ahmad Glad I could help. I needed to tell it. This will probably be my last Fondu story.

@ One From Philly. It felt that way at one point..If his wife hadn't stepped in. We probably would have fought. Oh btw she had no clue why we were arguing.

@ Bz lol..Lotta dudes gonna have to start buying tampax...lol

11:31 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Blah just sent me the e-vite for the barbque. I'm not sure if I can make it (thought it was going to be on the 19th).

Sent you an e-vite to my white party. I'm sure there will be a few guys like that in attendance that night as well.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, I went on vacation for a week and missed alot! Hell, I am still trying to find the post that Shawnla responded to, what's her name on here? and what post was it? I can't believe she even went there trying to prove that she can take you back whenever she wants to cause that's all she was doing!

Slish I have known you for years but probably not as well as most of the people who read your blog, but I must say you have definitely evolved into a hell of a man!

I am so glad that you did not allow Shawnla to mess up your thing with barney's. Barney's seems to be the one for you. I know from experience that alot of women don't want a man until they know someone else has him. Went through that with my husband (serious baby mama drama) and also in the past with a couple of boyfriends.

Anyway, I know I am late with this but like I said I was on vacation.

Your friend BDK is a very angry man, I pray that he forgives his wife or ex-wife so he can move on. That anger will eat you alive and stop him from having a happy life with someone else.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hell, how can I forget to comment on the best post I have read from you yet! Not being the alibi for your boys, men stop cheating on your women, etc.

I want to print it out and pass it to some men I know.

I had this happen with a male friend of mine who is married but would cheat on his wife. He called me talking about it like we would just have a casual conversation. I told him what I thought about him and his cheating ass. That it wasn't cool and I didn't want him calling me telling me about it. If he wasn't going to be man enough to either go to his wife to tell her he isn't happy or just leave the marriage, he was a weak ass man! I said alot of other things but in the end he wasn't angry with me, he simply said I knew you would tell me how you really felt.

Don't know if he still cheats, but in defense of on of your blog readers he does have a wife who does not care what he does as long as he pays the bills, how sad that that is all she wants in life.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Note to self: check my man's trunk for evidence...shit, I've hidden evidence in my trunk...what will wifey think if she found sheets in the trunk??

5:10 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

You called his Mistress...you Gangsta Slish!!

Fondu is a mess...he still married?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Organized I'm in a wedding that day . Can't make the white party...

@ Ondrea you always on vacation..I want your job..Yeah lots been going since you were away.. lol

@ Nsane You ever thougt of that huh..lol..The most unlkely will get a nucca busted fo sho...

@ Royce It had to be done. Fondu was driving me crazy...Yeah he's still married. Just without the Happy!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

Aww, you have integrity Slish! That's awesome. His ass really needed that wake up call 4 real. Good for you on setting his ass straight. If he's unhappy in the marriage, get the fuck out of it and quit bitching!

3:29 AM  
Blogger fuckgoogle said...

Fight club....yep pretty sure no matter what end I was on....emotional time that is marriage and all.....na it would appear that, that was the correct decision what says you? What's sad is I think everybody got friends or family like ole boy.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hate Slish, I earn 5+ weeks each year and have to use them or lose them. But I have been here for 16 years, they need to give me something other than a headache! I have 2 more vacations coming in August (Jamaica and Aruba). I hope nothing jumps off while I am away. I might have to take my laptop with me just to keep up, LOL.

8:48 AM  
Blogger babybear said...

Dane Slish you got gully with it didn't you.

I'm mad at you (and Phoenix) for changing the date of the bbq. You guys changed it from the 19th. My family reunion is Aug. 4-5. I was looking forward to coming to the bbq. *ho hum*

In case you didn't see it but THANKS for the cd!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ The Mistress Just couldn't take it any more...lol

@ 911...You right about that!!!! Everyone has a Fondu in their life


@ Ondrea...Naaaaw I'M HATIN!!!


@ Rob...Yo he called me at work..Made me look that shit up online. He was dead serios too.

@ Aww sorry you can't make it..MORE FOOD FOR ME!!!! LOL

As for the Cd your welcome. I remembered you like old school house music. I mixed that about a year ago. Hope you like it...:)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Damn thats deep, but sometimes you need to free yourself of OTHERS issues

4:23 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

If he doesn't love his wife why didn't he leave her instead of being staying. Man, that is seriously a fucked up story. You are better off without his ass.

4:51 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Releasing negative friends around you is a definite sign of maturity.
As I get older my tolerance for bullsh*t growns smaller and smaller.

Let Fondu do his dirt all by himself. A true friend wouldn't involve you in his dirt like that.

Good for you Slish!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

More power to you. To be able to cut off a lifelong friend because of his inability to evolve into an upstanding man must have been difficult, although it needed to be done. This is a very powerful message to send to all the guys, and girls out there...Negative energy has a way of creeping into your bloodstream and eventually cutting off all circulation to your brain, that's when you start making your own bad decisions. You are better off without him and all his personal drama.

One note however. Speaking to his mistress was not a good move. You should have just removed yourself from him and his situation. Never get involved with another man's life or lifestyle. That could have been dangerous.

Not all men are able to evolve Slish! It took me many years and many relationships. Some will just live their lives in the same primitive fashion they've grown accustomed to, even after they get married. It's not right, but that's the life he chose. As for his wife, if she can't see the signs of infidelity than she is going through life with blinders on. I can't go to the bathroom without my wife knowing exactly what I'm doing in there. SHE needs to open her eyes because it seems like it's obvious what he's doing.

11:00 AM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Talk about dead weight! You're a mature guy and you'd have never prospered with that loser always breathing drama down your back.

Dammit Slishy your jump off aint the 19th?? I'll be in Jamaica on the 5th. :(

1:51 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I hate when ppl get caught up in loveless marraiges..your spouse didnt FORCE u to marry them so dont be running around with taht Im unhappy bullsh*t...as afr as im concerned,once u say I DO..tahts IT!!!!you life is over......so u guys still arent friends? i see u mention him in posts every now and again bu what was worse telling his mistress or his wife? i feel bad for his wife

2:03 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

I'm all for personal responsibility and accountability...evolution is good. We are ALL works in progress...some of us are just slower than others.

::sniff, sniff::

I'm proud of you man...

1:31 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Good for you slish! I mean Slasher!
I hear that... I definitely got a Miss Slasher in me... you need to, with friends like Fondu, they come by the dozens.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Soulfull said...

Sheets in the trunk? Damn Slish, I ain't heard of that before, but kudos to you for taking care of you - that can be hard to do sometimes...

1:52 PM  
Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said...

it's hard to get out of relationships like that.. although he is grimy... you've known homeboy for ages.. but you gotta know when to let go of the nostalgia..

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home