Thursday, August 10, 2006

Welcome To The BBQ

Batman Music !!!!!

I say " Where are you now? " Zed responds " Oh I doubled back and got on the 2 train. Just don't know how far away I am from that Gunhill road stop. Next stop is Pelham Pkwy " I respond " WAIT RIGHT THERE! I'm like 2 minutes from that train station. I make a bee line and head for the African.

2 Minutes later Zed is in the Van doing a meet and greet with Barneys. Barneys says" Baby I'm hungry and I need my iced coffee. I'm going to run into that Dunkin Donuts on the corner." She gets out the van and goes in the store. I turn to Zed " Yo ! Remember the chick that came into Deweys last night. " Zed " Which one ? " I say " The one that recognized you from the lips pic on your blog. Her name is Cat" Zed " Yeeeeeah " I say " You know what she said to me after I walked you to the train station last night " Zed laughing " What ? " I respond " And I quote " I'd fuck Zed. Lucky for him i'm on my period " Zed starts laughing again" No she didn't " I say " Negro you ain't even been in Nyc two full days and some chick wants to FUCK YOU!!! " Zed continues to laugh, Barneys gets back into the van and we pull off.

30 minutes later Barneys, Zed, Picasso and I are standing outside my parents house. I'm pissed off because my keys to the house are in the bronx and the fried chicken and rice and peas are inside. I make a call to Slish Sr. He doubles back and hands me his keys . We go inside and pick up the BBq goodies. On the way out Picasso notices a bottle of my daddy's Jamaican White rum and decides to take it along. Trouble Trouble Troooouble !

25 minutes later we pull up at the park. I see Lightweight sitting in front of her truck reading a book. Phoenix is nowhere in sight. Probably in the bathroom admiring herself. I introduce everyone, unpack the van and show Picasso where the grills are. Phoenix comes strolling back giving me a its about time you got here look. I introduce her to Zed and Barneys. While they make small talk I sneak off over to Picasso and ask him to hit me with some of that White Rum. Picasso quickly obliges . Barneys catches me " BABY!!! Its not even 12:00 noon" I jump and respond like the wino that I am " I just need a little taste " Picasso laughs and says in his Jamaican accent " Bwooooy . Barneys have yuh under some heavy manners" I laugh and respond " Mind yuh business and keep hitting me with a cup of this gasoline every 1/2 an hour. I shout out to Zed " Yo you want some of this feel good juice " Zed responds " Naaaah I drink that and you'll have to carry me out this park" I look Zed up and down and say " On second thought you ain't getting none of this shit. You're a big muthafucka. Yo ass fall out and get left in this park. You too big to carry! We all start laughing. Phoenix comes over and says " Slish what you over here drinking " Picasso responds before I do " White rum. Matter of fact you need some to take that edge off you " I slowly move away from Picasso after he said that CAUSE HE ABOUT TO GET A VERBAL LASHING!

An hour and 2 cups of Devil Juice later. I start having thoughts about dragging Barneys into the woods for some Heavy Petting and breathing. Lucky for her my boy Sun Man shows up with his family. Sun Man " I just called you asshole. " I say " What for ? " Sun Man " Thought I got lost figured I would call you before my ass ended up in Texas! " Sun man's girlfriend and son start laughing Sun Man " Son I want you to meet the man who verbally abused your father throughout elementary school " I look at Sun Man's son and say " Your father was a bully that I couldn't beat so I teased him instead. Yo Daddy's butt was sooooo big " Sun Man " Sliiiiish !!!! " I continue " We used to say if he was a girl we'd hit on him " Sun man's son starts to laugh hysterically and says " Daddy is that true ? " Sun man laughs and responds " Unfortunately " I say " Sun Man I want you to meet my future. Barneys this is my boy Sun Man and his family" They make small talk and I sneak off and get me another cup of devil juice.

1pm i'm waaaay past tipsy, but no one seems to notice. I walk over to Phoenix and help her with whatever she was doing. I look towards the parking Lot and see that our guests are starting to arrive. My boy D mack is unpacking his van. Phoenix's eyes light up " He married? " I respond " Uuuh Yeah . " Phoenix " Wheres his wife? I respond " In the van with the rest of his 3 CHILDREN Homewrecker!!!! Phoenix shrugs her shoulders " Awww well " I laugh and walk over to the parking lot to greet the guests


3 pm most of the guests have arrived. Royce and her crew come in like the Number one Stunnas that they are. Chezniki and her sisters arrived either before or after I can't seem to remember anyway Chezniki says " No Thongs ??? " I laugh and respond " Ya see thats why yo nasty ass almost got me into a fight in that Club a few months back " Chezniki introduces me to her sisters and of I go for another cup of Devil juice.


Cook out is in full swing now. As i'm walking away from Picasso. I feel something Brush across my ear and go SPLAT!!!! on the grass. I look down and its a green water balloon! OOh Shit!!! I quickly find my own supply and the water wars begin. My first target was my boy D mack. I throw the water missile. D Mack looks up and quickly moves out of the way. My boy Speedy was sitting right behind him SPLAT!!! right in the face! Fuck it !!!! I lit that whole section up. But like all wars the enemy will retaliate. Which was bad for me because I had depleted my supply of water ballons. About six Africans ganged up on me. As I ran away I tried to snatch some water ballons from the kiddies but they just threw what they had at me !!! All of a sudden it was desert Slish!!! I dodged a few caught a few but got hit by a whooooole lot!!! My ass was drenched!!!

As I walked back from the parking lot dripping wet. I notice Royce and her crew laughing and carrying on with Zed, Chezniki playing spades , Barneys holding her niece and chilling with her sisters and My boys being the fathers I always knew they could be. At that moment I start thinking to my self " This is what the African American Family is all about. If I could bottle what I've seen here today. I would be a millionaire.

33 Comments:

Blogger sLiCk TaLkiN' said...

i'm new on the scene but i was waiting for part 2 of the story...it was well worth the wait.

i could see how your friend could recognize zed from his lips...they are oh so sexy!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

But just like in any war, innocent bystanders always get caught in the cross-fire. We had to run for cover or hide behind Zed for protection or we would have all been soaked! Fortunately most of us were spared being casualties of war. Except for me in the Spades game. I know I said this already on ChezNiki's blog, BUT, my partner got us SET on an 8!!! I'm still traumatized. But anywho it was such a fun day, good food, good people, plenty of alcohol.. It was worth the long drive, and getting all turned around in Canada, I mean NY. Thanks again Slish, Phoenix, Lightweight, Barneys and everybody else for a great time.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Okay you got most details right, but you left out some stuff cause you ASS was way past tipsy!!!!!!!!! Oh and by the way I'm no home wreaker. I just thought dude was cute.

Basically everyone had a GREAT time. There were people their who met for the first time and old friends got reaquainted. I along with Lightweight did modt of the cleaning up and seeing that the food bins were always full..... Slish - well let's just say Slish was being Slish (this year).

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O wow sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I wish I could have been there.

Newy

10:18 AM  
Blogger babybear said...

dane sounds like a good time was had by all...sorry i missed it.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

That post almost makes me teary eyed. I miss NY at times, this was one of those times. Glad everyone had a good time. Wish I could've been there to meet all these cool people and friends I haven't seen in years.
Anyway, the fam and I will be there the end of this month so have something for us to do.

Peace & Blessings

10:52 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

fan-fuckin'-tastic!

i felt like i was there, no i'm less jealous and more gleeful cuz it sounds like ya'll had a blast.

i wish i knew how to grill some shit or something or i'd be inspired to host a west coast version...

humm...just a thinking!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Sounds like y'all had fun...that's awesome.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I had posted a comment for everyone. Then my boss came in the office and caught me offguard... So I am not going to respond to everyone individually. Don't have the time to type that shit all over again...

Grantlove I got you when you come to NYC..

Slick Talkin welcome to my world...

Errrbody put this on your to do List Black Tie affair 2006 Hosted my Phoenix Lightweight, Slish, and anyone else who is willing to put in the time and money

12:47 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I was just about to ask you when the next event is because I am so mad I couldn't make it to the BBQ. Give me a date, time and location for the black tie event.

1:09 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

I was not the one who brought up the thongs!!!

...Well I may have been. I was a little tipsy off that Lemon Drop in the blue cooler. Must be named so because it tastes like lemonade and it makes you drop...down into your lawn chair and pass the f*ck out!

...Zed was the one who started talk about "Blog-Nik", so talk to him about the thongs. The way he was slayin them in New York, his new screen name gonna be BigPimpin' LOL

I had a great time! You guys did the d*mn thing. Be sure to keep me on your Evite list for the next event.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down for the next weekend blogger function....

Newy

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ organized Not a problem...Besides I'm sure i'll see you before then.

@ Chezniki.. That lemon drop will fuk you up..Good and Plenty's wife made it. Its her specialty...You guys drank all of it I didn't get any Or Did I?

@ R Mack... Son you would have a great time. The Blogger function will be on a weekend. Save your chips...

@ Mz New New I know your down..lol You can ride in with Philly live..lol

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*blank stare~head cocked to the side* whatchu talking bout slish...you tryna start sometin? How a sista gonna ride in from G-A with someone from P-A? I believe you tryna start some mess *toe tappin* I ain't having none-a-dat
Newy

2:56 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

blog ski weekend!

a black tie event sounds like a blogger prom, which could also be fun!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Mz New My Bad I thought you still lived in Philly ..lol

@ Ms Ahmad..Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about..A Grown Folks Prom...lol

4:37 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Prolly not...

I just have one question,

Was Fondu at the picnic???

4:49 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Chez He was invited but didn't show up

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss the rest of the Fondu chapter or has it not yet been added???


Mr. Music

5:40 PM  
Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said...

aaaawwww... that was a great entry.. y'all sound so cute and fun.. i feel like i was there even though i obviously wasn't.. good stuff.. glad everyone had a good time.. and you need to lay off that wray and nephew's son!!! you shoulda just made some rum punch and called it a day..

6:49 PM  
Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

That sounds like my kinda day...drunk by 1pm! Just say it...you were drunk. Don't give is that "tipsy" mess.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

First off, Slick Talkin', whatchu wearin'?

Next, OneFrom, I tried to protect y'all but I'm only so big. Now that's pretty big, but there were a lot of hotties I tried to block.

And ChezNiki, I did propose BlogNik. Thongs will be mandatory for women. Speedos will be prohibited for men.

Miss Ahmad, I'd stay in a ski lodge but I wouldn't ski. On the front, I own a tux.

KZ

8:29 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Mandatory THONGS!!!??? Oh hell, I gotta hit the gym hard. 100 squats err day.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall had a ball, its good to see grown folk get together and vibe....

11:25 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

KZ I have an array of formal wear, bring your tux.

I ski kiddie slopes in rainbow ski pants, don't laugh!

i think we could be onto something!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

@OneFrom
Ahem...no you don't!

KZ

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Mr Music what chapter that story is over

@ Equal...We had lemon drops instead of the rum punch..The ray and nephew is Iriiiiee!!

@ Mistress Yeah i was drunk..But I couldnt say that then. I was driving!!!

@ Zed You Stay pimpin..lol

@ One. You're going to be in soooo much pain

@ a brock Thats what grown folk need.Gonna try and organize more events.

@ Ms Ahmad Formal wear on a ski trip? That one must of flew right over my head...

12:14 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

okay slish you plan the prom and i'm working on the blog ski weekend!

i think i may even have some east coast assistance!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I can't believe y'all took a bottle of rum from Slish sr. Bad boys. Definitely made the party jump off though. So when you gonna wife up Barney? Lol.

3:02 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

@Knockout-How do you know? We ladies may have already worn our thongs to Slish's picnic...

...too late, you missed them!

:-P

4:16 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I don't miss thongs! Ever!

KZ, habitual line watcher.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

@Mack
I'm re-reading this so I missed some stuff. No, I didn't hook up with Cat. Slish told me this info after the fact and I didn't see her again.

KZ

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home