Monday, March 26, 2007

Born Liar

I remember when I begged my mom to take me out of private school. " Ma I don't want to go back to that school. They don't like black people" Mom responds" Slishy don't be ridiculous you're just afraid of a little hard work. I say " No mom for real thats why I have such a hard time with my school work. White boys in that school plot against the black students. I hate that school. Please take me out. " The whole time I stood there holding a letter the school sent home stating they would not be accepting me back the following year due to my lackluster academic performance. Mom responds" Okay Slishy I will talk this over with your father" I calmly walked out of her bedroom and into the bathroom. Promptly flushing that letter down the toilet. My parents were not going to find out I got kicked out of High School. This would be one of the many lies I've told during my lifetime.

Lying has always come naturally to me. When ever I get into some shit you can be damned sure I've already formulated some kind of believable story to get me out of it. I probably tell one lie a day to either keep the peace or avoid the inevitable. Either way I know this is wrong, but my own arrogance and insensitivity can't seem to stop my nose from growing.

Yesterday I accidentally broke my lady's shower head right out of the wall. I called her immediately " Baby I broke the shower head" Shawnla responds " How??" I say" I was trying to adjust it so that it could be positioned right above my head and WHAM it came right out of the wall water just splashing everywhere. " Shawnla " Okay don't worry i'll call my landlord he'll come down and fix it. I respond " kewl " Shawnla " Slish MAKE sure my bathroom is clean! Don't want my landlord to come down there and see my dirty draws or tampons in the trash." I push the trash behind the toilet, look around in the shower and think to my self What the hell is she talking about. The shower is clean, but once again I forget that my version of clean and Shawnla's version are two different things. Then she says " You know what Slish. Tell my son to do it he knows how I like it done, because I can see you're expression right through this phone!" DAMN THAT WOMAN!!! Ofcourse The Slasher knocks Slish out, decides Shawnla is not the boss of him , and never tells Little D to clean the bathroom.

Later that evening we get back to Shawnla's place. I do my usual. Turn on the television and plant myself on the couch. Shawnla goes into the bedroom with Little D so that he can try on all the new clothes she bought for him. Then I hear the inevitable. Shawnla says " Little D thank you for cleaning out the shower" Little D responds " You didn't tell me to do that Mommy" Damn Damn Damn! Slasher starts twitching in the couch while his brain starts to spin a tale of deception." Shawnla looks out of the bedroom door and asks " Babe did you tell Little D to clean the bathroom? " Slasher responds" No baby I decided to do it myself since he was still getting dressed." Shawnla smiles and says " Oh okay Sweetie thank you for doing it " Slasher smiles to himself, places his hands behind his head and responds " Noooooo problem anytime" See!! Ain't nothing wrong with a little white lie!

Shawnla leaves the bedroom and goes into the bathroom to do her nightly routine. I look in and notice her inspecting what I have supposedly done. This is where the inevitable happens again " Slish where did you put the bathroom cleanser" Slish says to Slasher "You are sooooo busted FESS UP!!!" Slasher "I have already anticipated that question" and calmly responds " I put it where you always keep it. " Slish says " Daaaaamn negro you are good " Shawnla looks back, gives me this devilish grin and asks " What did you use to wipe the shower" Slish says to Slasher " BUSTED YOU ARE SOOO BUSTED NOW!!!! Slasher didn't think that far ahead he responds " Ummmmm I used that white rock you keep on the shower floor " Shawnla shouts " YOU MEAN THE ROCK I USE TO SCRUB THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET !!! " Awww Hell!! I 'm caught. Slish takes the wheel and starts with the damage control " Baby you know that I know that you know " Shawnla cuts me off " Ooooh SHUT UP!!! LIAR!!! I asked you to do something so simple, but instead I get LIES. " I resort to the ridiculus and say " But sweetheart I was just playing" SLAM! Shawnla shuts the bathroom door on me.

Little D hears the commotion and comes out of the bedroom eyebrows raised " She's mad " I smile at him and say " What else is new"

Lesson Learned: Don't lie for dumb shit. Especially to a woman. Telling the truth might get you cussed out, but at least the trust factor remains intact.

24 Comments:

Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

shawnla?? awwwww..I need to go back in the archives on this one..didn't she go to france? and come back?..hold up..I'll be back...

7:51 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

AMEN!!!!

and WELCOME BACK :-)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

I second that AMEN! I want to send this to my man but he would just get offened. He lies about dumb shit that really would not have been that big of a deal but becomes a big deal because he lied. And then wonders why I don't trust him as much as I should?

I am so glad you are back.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

^5 and Amen to that. I see Shawnla is not playing. She got the radar and then some. Don't mess with a good thing over dumb ish. Shoot, don't mess it up period.

LOL. SMH. Slish.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Hell yeah!!!! Welcome back into the fray!!! This shit is like when Jordan came back wearing that 45.

I'm a horrible liar. My face tells the whole story. Everytime. I wish I had it in me.

KZ

10:48 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Women can usually handle the truth when it is told up front, best in advance. And especially don't lie for dumb sh*t. Because, that just makes us think, "If you can't be honest about the smallest things, you damned sure won't be honest about the important things." So - just be straight up and take the punishment like a man! :-P

And again, WELCOME BACK!

11:01 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Yes...save the lying for when you really need it. That day always comes :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Heh. You thought you were slick. I am always amazed that people believe my lies. Getting away with lying makes you feel like you have super powers, which makes you lie even more, which leads to you getting caught.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

men are horrible liars..it takes 5 lies to cover up 1 that's the general rule...u tell someone u love them (no. 1), then don't call they ask why, busy with work (no. 2) they found out u just got fired
you say for being late , it was really for stealing (no. 3) oh u a bank robber u said u were a firefighter with your long hours (no. 4) and ur married (no. 5) so you don't love me?....no...which brings us back to the first lie..get it??

4:59 PM  
Blogger BKBajan said...

Back in the days I got 2 beatings one for the deed and one for lying, it was years later my mother told me she knew exactly when I was lying - face gave it up everytime (she could have told me that shhht when I was nine and save me the double strap) but anyway I don't bother - if they can't handle the truth (Jack N, just popped in my head) then keep it moving.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ GG She been to France and back two years ago...lol

@ Onefromphilly....LOL...Did I give you a flashback with this story.

@ Drea lol..Thats how we are. We only do it to spare yo feelings...lol

@ Shai I think she got more than just radar...lol

@ Thanks Bruh its good to be back. Jordan riiiiight...and Don't think for ONE second that I believe you are terrible liar...lol

@ Bz Were you in Shawnla's apt while she was chastising me.Cause thats exactly what she said...lol

@ 1969...Hee hee..Save the lying for when I do something really bad huh..said like a true West Indian...You know how our kin folk love to keep secrets..lol

@ Mz JJ...Its that latent mutant gene that lies dormant in alk of us. I guess we've learned to harness and bend it to our will. Thats SUPER BAD...lol

@ Lmaof..What kind of brothas you dating!!! You might have to invest in a metal detector..lol

@ Bkbajan Your mother had the vision. Thats the worst. I think my mother believed my lies because she knew that the truth would land her in prison for child abuse...lol

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im with 1969, you shoulda saved it for something important...

...well actually, you coulda just took the garbage out and moved her drawers off the shower-curtain rod... which wouldve taken maybe five minutes, to avoid a thirty minute argument and a Slasher Time-Out, later.((shaking head))

Good thing you returned so we can help you with this! LOL

12:05 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

all i can say is that is really really funny. i am not really all that great of a domestic goddess so i can't blame you for not wanting to clean up. i probably would have done the same thing, and probably would have gotten caught too.

i have a bad habit of yawning every time i lie. it's a dead give away!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Chez...I did that I moved the draws and hid the garbage..Just didn't feel like wiping down the shower..lol

@ Ms Ahmad...Why you laughing at me..lol..The One thing I hate most in the world is cleaning the shower. I hate it so much I went and bought that automatic shower cleaner. Press ONE button and it sprays the entire shower. ITS GREEEEEAAAT!

7:58 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh i was thinking about getting one of those shower cleaners i'm so glad to get an endorsement..i'll all over it.

as a matter of fact i may give one as a gift to someone whose shower could really use it.

would that be wrong of me?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

LMAO. U were quick, but NOT quick enough! Next time...I think you know what to do - check for where she keeps the shower cleanser!! LOL

9:50 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Ahmad. Disclaimer on The automatic shower cleaner..You must clean the entire shower nefore you use it...Its good but its not a miracle worker..lol

@ Ms Lee...I think deep down I wanted to get caught..lol

10:45 PM  
Blogger BK said...

Ooooh copy and paste and send to idiot I mean jerk I mean the one who is my man.. Ugh.. that moral of the story he JUST DON'T GET!!!! even after I tell him a million times!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

*shaking my head* When will you listen to me Slish? When? How many times have I told you to just come clean...how many??? LMAO!!!

Hard headed you are!

11:41 AM  
Blogger babybear said...

Well well well if it isn't Slish the Slasher. Welcome b-zack, bruv. It's been a long tiiimmme...

Anybody know what's that from? I'll give you 5 dollas. LOL!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Blklyn Diva Send it to him...lol..He'll probably cuss ya...

@ Roycee. NEEEEEEEVEEEER!!!! lol

@ Babybear...ummmmm Idon'tknowwhatyou'retalkingbaout! lol Give me a hundred and I might put some thought into it...lol

11:07 PM  
Blogger babybear said...

@ bklyn diva...I said 5 dollas not 5 times 20 dollas. EEEHHHH!

Anyway, that's from Wu Tang.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**shaking my head**

I can't handle a liar. Especially over something stupid like cleaning the bathroom.

Glad you're back!

11:31 AM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Never lie to a woman as our insticts are too good and your lie will come back sooner rather than later and bite you in the ass!

xXx

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home