Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Underdog

I think some part of my personality loves to create situations where individuals fail. It must have something to do with my underdog mentality. I am a firm believer that perserverance can conquer any obstacle, but sometimes I fail to realise the obstacle course may be a bit too difficult for the ill equipped. Nonetheless I will make a person believe they can fly.

Today I over hear the Temptress explaining to one of my staff members how she broke up with her boyfriend "He texting me talking bout he miss me and that he couldn't sleep last night! Guuurl lemme tell you I am too through with his non communicating ass. He always saying shit when its too late. Its okay though I'll be ALRIGHT! KNEW I shouldn't have wasted my time with no young nucca. "

With that bit of information I mosey on down the hall to find my homeboy Mr. Potential. He 's a young cat with a great future. I figure why shouldn't he get a shot at that ASS OF LIFE! I dip into my supervisors office located across the hall from where he was sitting. " Psst Potential Pssst " He looks up then looks over in my direction " What up Mr Slish" I put my finger over my mouth " Shhhh! Get yo ass over here" He gets up from his desk and walks over. I ask " When is your last day?" Potential responds " Next week. Why? I say " Boooooooooy do I have a going away present for YOU! " Potential starts laughing" Oh yeah " I smile and say " I just heard that Temptress broke up with her man." Mr Potential's eyes light up! " Say Wooooord" He quickly turns and starts heading for the door. I say" Wait youngblood! Not so fast! You need a plan." Mr Potential stops dead in his tracks, turns around and says " Plan??" I respond " The Temptress is a seasoned vet. You can't just spit any old game at her. Let a brotha help you with this " Mr Potential gives me a You about to get me in some shit look and responds " What you got in mind "


" First you're going to have to spend some money" Mr Potential rolls his eyes and starts walking out the door. I continue " Not much! Just enough to keep her interested. He stops, turns around and gives me his full attention again. "Do you want this chick for the long haul or short term pleasure." Mr Potential " Come on playa short term." I respond " Good answer cause a chick like Temptress will break you're 22 year old pockets into a million pieces" Mr Potential starts to get inpatient " C mon Mr Slish! Whats the plan! " I laugh and say " Patients Young Skywalker. Follow me" Potential and I calmy walk over to the Temptress office and stop at her doorway. " Hey girl. My man Potential here will no longer be working with us after next week. I think we should all get together and wish him farewell over some drinks" Temptress " You buyin" I respond " Ofcourse" Temptress smiles and responds " You just want to see me drunk " I smile and respond " Ofcourse " She looks over at her calender and marks the date down I say " I'll take that as a yes" Temptress smiles. Confirming my statement.

As we're walking down the Hallway Mr Potential looks over at me and says " How did you do that ? I respond " If I told you. You wouldn't need my help now would you"

21 Comments:

Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you know how much i like being first!

ooh you set her up with a sweet young thang...how come nobody ever does anything like that for me?

12:33 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

This sounds like trouble. You know she is busy thinking she is getting with YOU. LOL

9:04 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Slish you're like Yoda or Obie Wan Kanobie or something.

And ahhh...1969 is right. Temptress thinks she's getting with you Master Jedi.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

I agree with 1969. I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. BTW, how old is temptress?

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my spot. I'm still wet behind the ears as far as blogging.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Consistently Inconsistent... said...

Ahh, I'm going to have to agree with 1969 and Onefromphilly...this does sound like trouble but you are like Yoda lol.

Thanks for checking on my spot! And stay out of trouble :-)

12:28 PM  
Blogger SandyBaby said...

*shaking my head at you* LOL

I gotta hear the conclusion of this adventure. Please us posted!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

You asking for drama right now...LISTEN TO ME!!! This is not one of your better moves. But you dont hear me doe!!!

Triflin actions begets Triflin results...watch an c *hmpf*

But of course I cant wait to read what happens LOL!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Ahmad Cause you like em Old and crusty...lol

@ 1969 Probably. Who cares. I just want to see what happens....lol

@ OnefromPhilly I'll take Yoda..lol

@ Minerva WHY everyone agreeing with 1969. WHat she know anyway..lol Temptress is only 24.

@ Consistently It will only be trouble if handled the wrong way. Most likely my boy will strike out and Temptress will find herself a new sponsor..lol

@ SandyBaby I knoooow I'm looking for trouble, but I get bored at work...lol

@ Royce lmaof I know its triflin and my boy's ego might get bruised. BUT HE GOTTA LEARN SOMETIME! Let him start off with this Stunna! ..lol

6:07 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Looking to live vicariously thru Mr. P, huh? You ain't even slick! LOL

Temptress gonna have u both for dinner. Probably what she has in mind anyway!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Lee GET OUTTA MY HEAD! lol Okay ya got me!

Have us both for dinner huh. Sounds like something you would do..lol

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Nah, Slish, I'm a one entree at a time, type of girl... ;o)

6:41 PM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Thats why young dudes are so dumb...they got trifling old coaches tryin to rlive the glory days. A mess. :)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Lee suh yuh seh

@ So Wise Yuh Backside! I don't need to relieve nuffin! I still got it! Justcan'tuseitanymore!...lol

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

Giving someone false hope may just back fire, could give them all the confidence they need, Potential is in the mirror now.." I think I can, I think I can"..how many times have you seen the underdog come out a champ?? too many to name..some women will prefer one with potential over one with game. She can mold and shape him jus a little and eventually he could grow to be the one..leaving all the wannabes in the dust. My prediction? just because she can Temptress will give homeboy a shot, leaving u (and everyone else that doubted) looking like "WTF??" She'll be stirring her coffee in front of him soon then what chu gonna do huh?? I know say "it was all because of me he got that girl"
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighttttttttttt.

8:28 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

"Ain't no fun if the homie can't have none..." Young Buck still in his prime, however, if he's just as young as the cat she just broke it off with she may be wasting her time. Or, she may give him a lil' bit knowing he might kiss-n-tell... Any bait's good for Delilah to bait ol' Sampson-Slish. [Wink]

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMBBAO!
Yo! I think you guys have it all wrong!

Scenario One: Temptress will get with Potential and really put it on him (rebound sex is always hotter) and have him wide eye and open nosed... and lighter in the pockets

Scenario Two: Temptress will circle back(after a couple of lobster/ shrimp dinners with Potential) and try for Sir Slishy again, using Potential as a temporary diversion.

She purposely had you over-hear about her "break-up" for a reason.

Im with MsAhmad. Next young cat with money, send him up I-95... Ill treat him really well ((nodding, evil grin)) LOL.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Be aware you could get a very sticky reaping time. LOL. SMH. This story sounds kinda high-schoolish.

1:03 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Look here Lando Calrissian....they are agreeing with me cause they know I am right. LOL

I know women. I am one. She is thinking she is gonna get closer to you Jamaican. She just finished with a young bwoy....she is looking for a MAN.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ GG You got it!!!!

@ Proactiff You think???? I did walk by the temptress today.She looked at me like she was sizing me up...lol

@ Chez Chez You're probably right...lol

@ Shai HIGH SCHOOL!!! Hmmmmmmmmm Okay maybe..lol

@ 1969 Thats Obi Won to you JABBA!!! A Big Man she ah look!!!! Chuuuuuuu!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Hey!!!!

I knew you'd be back! I'm on a relocation Hiatus myself, but I wanted to stop by and show some love. Missed you!

3:43 PM  
Blogger BK said...

OMG.. Slish you are so wrong!!! cause you know she thinking YOU inviting her to HANG WITH YOU.. not to wish Potential no farewell LOL..

*waiting to hear da story after this*..

wondering if she was so drunk she wake up with Potential thinkin he is Slish.. LOL

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home