Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My old supervisor comes into my office today and asks me to take a look at one of my coworkers cases. Apparently she is having problems contacting a family member and the pt is very uncooperative. I'm thinking " Why is she coming to me with this?" So I ask "Why are you coming to me with this" Boss Lady responds " Well Slish this case needs your special talents" I respond " Oh pray tell what might that be" I know what it is but I'M VAIN I NEED TO HEAR IT!!!! Boss Lady gives me that I'm not gonna sweat you look. Then realizes I'm losing interest and decides to stroke my ego and says " You know Slish. The way your able to cut through the residue . The ladies just looooove Mr Slish" I say "ENOUGH"!!! ego has been stroked . I take the case. I look inside. DAMN !!!!!! I"VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED !!!! written on the bottom right hand corner of the case is a note stating the pt is blind and suffering from some form of dementia. Boss lady got me .


On my way to the wards now. I figure I'll deal with the crazy's first so I go to pysche. While i'm there I bump into MT3 " Whats up slish " I say " Nada " I take a look at her this chick looking like Little Kim with a 9 to 5 capri jeans, sandals, toes and fingernails done . Please take this temptation away from me. So MT3 asks " Slish I need somewhere to go tonight my husband is not gonna be home . Now the psychology behind this is He's goes to see his soon to be baby mama & MT3 strikes back by hanging out to the wee hours of the morning making him jealous. Dumb game to play. She needs to leave his ass and stop the pain. I decide to give her no info and say " Yo ass needs to stay home tonight with your kids instead of playing this tit for tat shit. She doesn't agree I change the topic and kept it moving. CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO SHAKE THE COMMEN SENSE BACK INTO HER!!!!!

I leave the crazy's and head to the medical floors. On my way to the blind lady now. I get there her son is with her. Lucky for me he's friendly and agrees to everything I tell him. I find out a little more info too. Her blindness is caused by a large tumor in her brain . Imagine seeing everything one minute and not being able to see anything the next. Because of this my pt had to stop working shortly after, becoming homeless due to lack of funds . Now don't go blaming the son. He lives in the Jamaica and had no idea this was going on.

Whats the point of this story? Why even tell it ? Well

1. Just because you don't here from someone doesn't mean everyhting is hunky dory

2. No one is an island everyone needs a little help. Blind lady was too stubborn and proud to ask for help. Thats why it took so long for her son to get involved.

3. If yo mama says to you while in the perfume section of a dept store " YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT!!! Then licks your face. Don't laugh it off it might be time for a cat scan ...


Latuh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home