Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Whoop that trick, GET IT!!! Whoop That trick, GET IT !!!! Yooooo....I take everything I said on my previous post back. Hustle and Flow was great. Drama, comedy, & good crunk music all wrapped up into 2 hours of visual & audio pleasure. Terrence Howard is about to BLOW UUUUP!!!!! . Anyone who's seen it please leave a comment and tell me what your favorite part in that movie was. Mine was when the pregnant hooker/love interest SHUG was singing that catchy hook and she couldn't quite get it right. D Jay/Terrence Howard rolls up to her and slaps her right on the ass and says " Push that shit out" she gives him this look of fear and pleasure, closes her eyes and seductively sings "Its hard out here for a piiiiimp" ha ha CLASSIC!!!!!!!

I'm back at work today. Mondays are usually busy and today was no different. I give in 5 cases. Get 10 back. Its like running up a hill with oil on it. Can never get to the top. Sorta like my life.

Couple of hours into my day my supervisor and myself get on the topic of robbery/muggings . She tells me a story about her husband being held up by a mugger. Then asks if I've ever been mugged. I start thinking and recall a time back in the early 80's I was ten or eleven. My cousin Marly Marl & myself were walking home from little league practice when an older boy rode up to me on his bike and says in this calm voice " I'm gonna have to take that glove from you" I look around Marly Marl was OUT!!!!! I'm shook now but I try not to show it "NO TEARS SLISH, NO TEARS!!!! I say " I can't do that my daddy gave me this glove he'll beat me if I don't come home with it." which was a big fat lie figured he would show me some sympathy since he looked like he got a lot of ass whuppins. The pre teen mugger says " Give it up and grabs the glove " I don't know what happened after that cause my punk ass closed my eyes. When I opened them I had dragged this boy off his bike and onto the floor with my baseball glove still in my hand. By that time most of the pre teen muggers friends had rolled up on their bikes and started to laugh. " That little nigga pulled you off yo bike !!!! He gets up and I brace myself for a beat down. Mugger puts me in a head lock and still I would not let go of that glove. All I kept thinking was "WHERE THE HELL IS MARLY MARL WHY DIDN'T HE COME BACK WITH HELP!!!!! Then I hear this voice " Yo let him go" I look its not Marly Marl but another boy I knew from hanging out at the park " Let him go I said" The mugger does just that. Apparently my savior was known in the hood and well connected. He saved my ass . Till this day I thank him everytime I see him Why? Cause that glove help me and my team win the Little League championship that year.

As for my good samaritan he's a Yonkers Policeman now....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Hustle and Flow on Thursday. I agree the movie was GREAT! It is hard to say what my favorite part was because there were so many good parts. But if I had to pick one I would say the whole scene when Shug gave D-Jay the necklace and told him how much she appreciated him letting her sing and when he came back in and they shared that KISS (if you can call it that :-).

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Slish,

That story was great I was rooting for you. Glad to know you stood up for yourself even back then. Now about the Policeman in Yonkers is he single?

Another single female

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home