Thursday, December 08, 2005

Can't Win

Relationships are hard for a guy built like me. For starters i'm extremely selfish( A no no) 2. I don't take orders well(Please send me to the grocery store with a list!!!). 3. I'm a caveman. I don't think a grown man should have to answer to anyone but himself( A trait no married man should have) 4. I firmly believe there is a double standard in relationships where women get away with shit men could never dream of doing. Most men accept that. The SLASHER refuses to.

Now I've tried to bury this side of my personality(SLASHER) many times. It only makes me miserable and uncomfortable. I do my best work when under his influence. I'm fearless, aggressive, assertive, & downright charming when the Slasher is driving. Once I let Slish take over everything seems like i'm running up a hill with oil on it I NEVER GET TO THE TOP!!!!

Well the Slasher's cocky, selfish attitude has gotten him in trouble once again. Last night I made plans to see Barneys. Originally she was going to come over to The Batcave, but I had a meeting to attend at 7:o0 pm didn't want to leave her there alone. So I told her once the meeting was over I would come to her place and cuddle the night away.

My future business partners arrive at 7:30pm. We meet and greet, our host provides us with refreshments, therefore the meeting doesn't start till 8pm. The roundtable discussion was going very well everyone seemed to be on the same page as to what our future business endeavors were going to be. Before I knew it!!! It was 9:45 pm. I should have called Barneys an hour before and let her know I was running late. Why didn't I do that ???? Please read Slish personality flaws # 3 in the 1st paragraph of this entry.

I call Barneys as soon as I get into my car. Phone rings about 5 times then her voicemail picks up. I hang up without leaving a message. Slish sense starts to tingle . She's pissed. I wait about 15 minutes expecting Barneys to call me back and say " Sorry baby I was in the shower didn't hear the phone" but my Slish sense is NEVER WRONG!!!! that call is never recieved. I decide to call her back and leave a message this time. The message stated "Sweetie I just got out of my meeting I apologize for the inconvenience if your still awake i'll come right over. Once again i'm sorry " I hang up. My cell phone rings 5 minutes later I pick up " Hey mama. I'm so sorry those dudes just kept running off at the mouth. Everytime we finished one topic someone would start a new one." Barney responds " Its fine" that was waaay too easy I say " Its Fine ???? as in your not fine" Barneys" Correct. Why did you make plans with me if you knew you couldn't keep them. We both have to work tommorrow. What kind of quality time are we going to spend together now its after 10pm. A simple phone call would have been appreciated. Now fellas we all know calling Barneys at 8:45 pm would not have made a difference in her attitude. Why do I say this , what gives her away , the first sentence that came out of her mouth " Why did you make plans with me if you knew you couldn't keep them"

Women!!!!!! they always want you to be Honest. But honesty just gets you in more trouble.

Can't win.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

W.H.I.P.P.E.D.

You are a caveman!

Tentative scheduling is better than actually committing to something. Saves face as well as you not having to breakdown and call her twice when you know she saw your number the FIRST time.

*sigh*,,,however, Barney's is worth it I suppose.....since YOUR SO IN LOVE WITH HER!!! LMAO

*BTW, what happed to THAT post...we talked about it Sunday.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Yeah Slish why did you make plans if you knew you couldn't keep them. So are gonna drop another $150 on flowers to make it up to her?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Grantlove said...

Slish, you can win, you just refuse to do so. The attitude you reflect in your first paragraph makes it seem as though you've already given up on having a relationship. Instead of claiming just how selfish you are, why not address the selfishness as something you need to work on rather than having it cut in stone. In relationships both parties have to sacrifice for the common goal of mutual respect & understanding. I'm sure you could have excused yourself from the meeting for 5 minutes to call her and explain how things were going. It's not really about the fact that she got upset because you made plans and didn't keep them, the fact is you didn't show her enough respect to give a courtesy call. I tell you this because as you know I was once in your shoes. I had to learn the hard way that women in general are creatures of conformity and structure. Once you break from beyond those walls of consistency you are libel to be cast aside, much like the way you did her by not calling.
If you are really feeling this woman you have to change your outlook on you own personality. Nothing my friend is set in stone. Just look how much I’ve changed over the years…..And you know how I used to get down!

11:16 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Yeah, next time step out of the meeting for five minutes and make that call. Simple consideration goes a long way.
Side Bar: Are you NYC Bloggers meeting over the Holidays? I am coming home between Christmas and New Years

8:08 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I don't know but Big trev might...

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home