Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Devils Rejects

The Homeless. You see them on the train, they open the door for you at your favorite fast food restaurant asking for money. Try and give them half of your sandwich. They'll SLAP THAT SHIT RIGHT OUT YO HAND!!!!. They get on my f@$king nerves I have no sympathy.

Think about it. Anyone with good sense who falls on some hard times will find a way to maintain themselves and keep a roof over their heads. These derelicts out in the street now. Have too many vices. Crack, Heroin, Alcohol, and Mental Illness can all be managed with rehab or medication. These assholes treat rehab like its clubmed and they almost never take their medication. Why? Cause they don't think they are Deranged Crazy or Confused.

My cousin Screwface got out of the psyche ward 3 weeks ago. His ass got locked up for assault and resisting arrest a week after his release. This really PISSED ME OFF!!!! While he was in the hospital I pleaded with him to go to rehab for his drinking and take his meds for his aggressive behavior and mood swings. I also made arrangements for him to get a job making about 11.00 dollars an hour even with his petty criminal record. YOU KNOW WHAT THIS NIGGA SAID TO ME!!!! " Naw Slish I don't want to be anywhere that has rules. " I say " Screwface they are rules everywhere even on the street. Get your mind right" Screwface " My mind is right. When I leave here I'll find me a nice park bench in Washington Square Park " I say" EXCUSE ME??!!! What about when it gets cold" Screwface starts chuckling" Yo son you think I'M STUPID. I have an ATM card yo. All I have to do is sleep in one of those atm booths." I had to keep the Slasher from jumping across the table and kicking his ASS!!!!! I respond" Is that the life you want for yourself" Screwface agitated now " Why can't you just let me be. If this life is fine for me why can't it be fine for you" OH HELL NO!! This nigga trying to get all Obi One Kenobi on me. He really likes living on the street!!!! Its liberating for him!!!!!

Something clicked in my head when Screwface made that statement . Most Homeless people living on the street not shelters ON THE STREET!!! might have the same mentality as Screwface and only pretend to want help but really like the freedom of living in this city's dark alleys and subway stations. I say F@#$K EM . They will not get a penny more from my ass. As a matter of fact we should all STOP giving money to these rejects it just gives them more of a reason not to try and make things better for themselves

We need to stop blaming this city for a growing problem that is beyond their control. You can only help those who help themselves.

This madness needs to end.

3 Comments:

Blogger The_Practitioner said...

Gawd. I wish I had a cousin named Screwface. He sounds like pure-D entertainment. A true case study. lol

1:41 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

You probably have some kind of burn out due to your cousin combined with your job. Sometimes its the mental illness, drug, alcohol use coupled with lack of health coverage that CAUSES the homelessness. Here in Boston, there is also no rent stabilization, so I had clients with two jobs who lived in the shelters or SROs because they couldnt afford housing, not even in the hood (gentrification). Some were separated from family members because the shelters were single sex or adult only.
...add to that the violent crime in the shelters and that puts the people out on the streets in the ATM and in the subway with you.

I donate to shelters/drop in centers, especially the battered womens shelters as often as I can. But because I was born and raised in NYC, I dont take my money out of my pocket in the street FOR ANY REASON. I have to be deep inside a store, belly up to a cash register, with the bill already rung up before I pull my millions out of my bra. Fool around, it might be my debit card
...pickpockets will get dust and lint if they try to jack me! LOL

3:54 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

I feel you. I never give money to homeless. I always offer to buy them food, or hand them the food I have in my hand if it's at a food joint. I give clothes to good will. But, at the same time, we are where we are today, because of the choices we made yesterday. Nobody forces your hand to smoke crack or snort coke. I've had sh*tty days, hell, sh*tty years and have gone w/o healthcare. But, I'll be damned if I turn to anything but GOD to keep me afloat.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home