Sunday, December 11, 2005

Just Another Day

I get up yesterday about 9 am. Turn on my computer. Decide I need to start making some old school cds for my coworker/buddy Oldschool's retirement party. I check my email and read the suggested playlist I requested from Grantlove two days ago. SHIT!!! this nigga got about 100 songs on this list !!!! I scan through it and notice one song. Ray Parker Jr & Raydio " A Woman Needs Love". I open Limewire and download that bad boy immediately. I start listening. Pretty Boy Ray can't sing for shit but the lyrics to that song OH HOW TRUE THEY ARE!!!! I realize then I should have called Barney's that night. I do some foolishness like that again I'LL BE SINGING THIS SONG TO MYSELF!!!!!

While I'm downloading and listening to these songs. I'm flooded with all these memories about what I was doing at the time any of these songs were being played on the radio.

Mary Jane Girls All Night Long: Skate key doing the caveman dance. While watching asses twitch in their lee jeans.

Dennis Edwards Don't Look Any further: Wasn't that video on Hot Tracks. Siedah Garrett has one hell of a voice. Why every dude in my neighborhood quoted that Chorus???

Gap Band I Found My Baby: I remember watching that video and thinking how cool it was watching Uncle Charlie lose his little girl and find her at the end of the video. That shit would be corny NOW!!!!

Michael Jackson I Can't Help It: All these years now we finally know what HE COULDN'T HELP!!!!! Listen to the words !!! I think it was a love song to Emannuel Lewis.

My cell phone rings during my mix fest. Its my cousin Philly Live I pick up " What do you want loser" Philly responds " Yo I'm coming to NYC to meet that shorty you referred to me " I respond " Oh yeah what time " Philly " Once I get this hair cut i'll head on out maybe about 3 pm." I say " Kewl have fun and no R.Kelly moments" Philly Live responds" HUH?? what do you mean by that? I say " No feelin on her boo whoo teee" He laughs and hangs up.

A little later I call my boy Cutmaster D and confirm my Dj lesson for 10 am this morning . My goal to be Dj ready by my 37th B day. I'm gonna spin people. Dj Slish like Diddy gonna run this city. 2006 look for me in a lounge near you. For Private Party's please call my manager/ music coordinator Grant Love.

7 pm my loser ass is still indoors. Now that Barneys and I are an item. I've been keeping a low profile trying to find things to occupy The Slasher. Unfortunately for me Barneys is attending her company Xmas party ( No significant others allowed) giving the Slasher too much free time to get into some unlawful shit. So far i've created about 3 hours of Classic Cuts for my Buddy Old School and Philly Live is sitting on my couch waiting for his date to give him the call of life. His dumb ass comes to NYC later than she expected now he has to wait until she's done handling her business.

9:30pm Philly Live gets the call he's been waiting for. She arrives at 10 pm and picks his slow ass up. I'm asleep by 12 midnite

Slow day in Mr Slish's Neighborhood.

Click below Song featured today " A Woman Needs Love" Ray Parker Jr

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know...being an item is not all that it's cracked up to be...alotta hype..LOL

I was home by 8 and in the bed by 12 also. This SUCKS! I need a man my own damn age to do things with............referrals please.

Have a good rest of your weekend.

11:27 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

...Now why do you think
Jack snuck down the hill?
He was seeking the lu uu uv
Love he couldnt get from Jill!!!!

...good luck with the DJ lessons.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey get Philly Live to write about his date....a drive to NYC for a date deserve to be told

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home