Monday, May 14, 2007

Love Don't Love Nobody/ Rise of The Slasher part 4

1990 Two years had gone by since T bone and I had been together. I was completely in love with her and she with me. We fought The Cheat demon, The Trust demon and The Pregnancy demon. That last demon we fought twice. We argued hard and made up even harder. I had never felt like this. I was ready to settle down. I got a second job to prepare myself for the inevitable.

It was the weekend of my 21st birthday. T bone took me to dinner. A Fancy chinese restaurant in the Bronx. Food was fantastic. She looked so beautiful under the dim lighting. Her hair neatly permed with a slight bang that brushed across her right eyebrow. I was sitting there thinking to myself " Slish you are one lucky Monkey." Then I hear the other voice " Yeah she is fine.What the HELL is she doing with you." T bone breaks me out of my trance by grabbing my hand " Boo are you having a good time" I respond " Yeah why " T bone gives me the strangest look. It was like she wanted to tell me something but couldn't. " Whats wrong baby" T bone continues rubbing my hand and responds " Sometimes I wish I had a different life" I was confused for a second " A life without me ?" T bone gives me a warm smile and responds " Slish you know I love you" She breaks eye contact " But sometimes people change and want different things for themselves" I place my hand over hers and say " I made a promise to you. I'm going to get us a place. You won't have to deal with all that craziness going on in your house." T bone doesn't respond she just looks at me with tears in her eyes. I say " We'll be okay"

On the drive home T Bone says " Boo I'm going to spend the weekend with my girlfriend Jam Jam" I respond " You guys talking again. I thought she stopped speaking to you" T bone " We really missed one another. So we put our differences aside and mended our friendship" I laugh and say " So she forgave you for setting her up with a guy you had already slept with." T Bone gives me a screwface look and says " Yeah " I continue " She also forgive you for not telling her until after she had already fallen in love with dude?" T bone " SLISH! Thats not fair! I didn't tell you that story so you could throw it my face! I laugh a little harder and say " You know what. I think we better stop by yo crib and ask your crazy ass brother for his hunting knife CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT" We pull up in front of T Bone's house she leans over, gives me a deep kiss, and says " You're such a wise ass, but I love you. I'll call you from Jam Jam's house tomorrow" She shuts my car door and walks into hell.


Saturday afternoon T Bone hasn't called me all day. That wasn't like her she usually called at least 3 times daily telling me she missed Danger tickling her sugar walls. I get out of bed and start rummaging through my dresser drawer HAH!! I found it! Jam's Jam's phone number T Bone had given it to me a while back. She stayed over there a lot when her family situation overwhelmed her. I start pushing digits " Hello " I respond " Whats up Jam Jam" Jam Jam" Heeeey Slish whats happening. Long time no hear. " I say " Yeah yeah. You two try to kill each other yet" Jam Jam responds " What are you talking about? " I laugh a little and respond " Oh you got Jokes. Can I speak to my girl " Jam Jam is silent for a second " Uuuuum Slish she isn't here. " My Slish sense starts tingling " She hasn't been there all night has she." Jam Jam " No, but if and when she gets here I will tell her to call you" I hang up and call T bones house. The phone just kept ringing.

I feel a knot in my throat and that voice. THAT FUCKING VOICE in my head! " She's not in trouble Slish.You know what this is" I respond " No not her. She would never do that to me. She loves me" Then the voice gets old school on me " Slish it takes a fool to learn that Love don't Love nobody."

A lesson I would soon learn to live by.

21 Comments:

Blogger DivineLavender said...

What??? I am first. *Doing the Whoop!*


She stepped out on you, eh? IT happens to the best of us. I guess she tried to drop the hint.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Divine Young lady you are going to wait until this story is finished..lol... lol..I never thought it would take me this long to write it...

8:40 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I am gonna need the ending of this soon.

I sense a major plot twist.

Hope Mama Slishy (and the girlfriend) had a great Mother's day.

9:07 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Awwww Hell!
Is heartbreak on the horizon?

9:09 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

This is by far the only excitement going on in my life. Please don't leave me with a cliffhanger. I'm already dealing with the season ending of Girlfriends (Joan finally got the proposal of a lifetime); The Game season finale tonight; and now this? What am I to do? Can you get the writer's to working on this script and have it play out real soon? Or I will see to it that your ratings take a downward slide and the newtwork drops you like Living Single.

Now I'm even madder!

Hurry up. ...

P.S. Was that T-Bone calling you 3 TIMES A DAY... a requirement? Reminiscent of a previous post and some stalkerish shyt? Would you like to return to the witness stand for follow-up questions?

~The Analytical reader here.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

I hope Your moms and Shawnla had a happy Mother's Day.

Slish, you have to stop doing this to me! I think something else happened to T-bone. Or maybe you stepped out based on assumptions. Hummmm! I can't wait to read the rest of this story.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

WTF?? I'm so sick of you doing the fukn cliffhangers...you know I have no patience!!!

I know this scene so well..I can be with a really great guy but at soon as I feel I'm about to *fuck up* the tears flow....he never really finds out what brought on the tears til weeks or months later..sometimes they never find out, and it had nothing to do with what he thought or that night...

10:16 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I hate that voice. I know that voice. And it suuuuuucks donkey balls to the nth degree.

I like the fact that you write in a way that keeps us in suspense. But damn! I wanna know the deal!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Why does this story sound familiar? Didn't you write about this before and leave us hanging?

11:18 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i know what happened, she was up at one of them titty bars, trying to change her life one tip at a time huh?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

...waiting. *sigh.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ 1969 The next time I post about this story will be my last. Plot twist? Hmmmm I dunno...lol


@ OnefromPhilly You ain't got nooooo patience...lol Something is on the Horizon...lol

@ Proactiff Lol...You always have a lot to say..lol.. I know this is not The only source of excitement..The rest is coming please don't turn the channel..Wasn't living single the SHIZNIT!

T bone calling me 3 times a day was not a requirement. Just the way she was..lol

@ Minerva Why you trying to guess what happens.lol The rest is coming..Now ya'll putting pressure on me...lol

@ Gemini Yeah Nice girls with bad girl ways..Oh know that all too well.

@ Bz lmaof @ Sucks Donkey Balls!!! lmoaf

@ Shai.. Yes I did. This is the continuation.


@ Ms Ahmad You stupid.lol...I wish. I would have been her biggest tipper...lol

@ Ms Lee I sorry..lol I'll finish the story..Imagine If I had written this in one post!

6:13 PM  
Blogger BK said...

ok can you please finish tomorrow so I can read before my surgery?? please and thank you.. :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

No dumpling and cowfoot until yuh finish de story.

7:43 AM  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

If it ends the way i think it will then sorry for that - not nice for anyone to go through

xXx

7:57 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Aww damn! I know the knot in your stomach that you were referring to! Ain't that a b*tch!!! Slish what happened next?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@Bk Diva..I'll try...


@ 1969 Alright Allllriiiight


@ Snake bite You think you know? lol

@ Paula d I'll tell ya what happened next! NOT!!..lol

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not it? I know that lump in the throat feeling, and it's not a good one. I think most of us has experienced that in some way shape or form in our lifetime. Hurry up and finish.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

5/16/07

...still waiting. *sigh*

1:05 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

awww DAYUM. aint dat a BITCH.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Grantlove..SAY IT SO! Where ya been bruh?

@ Ms Lee..Okay Okay..lol

@ Nikki lmaof...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home