Monday, June 11, 2007

The Snake Strikes

Afroman trained me mostly on the weekends. I wasn't that flexible so I was unable to kick over my head therefore Afroman focused more on teaching me basic hand to hand combat. At first I really did feel like The Karate Kid because most of the moves Afroman taught me seemed useless. I would always say " Mr Afroman when I am gonna learn how to break boards, bricks and various body parts" Afroman " Little man I thought you said you wanted to learn how to defend yourself " I respond while still doing my Kata exercises " I do " Afroman " What does board breaking have to do with self defense " I respond " Duuuh. If like another kid is going to hit me with a bat! All I have to do is raise my arm and block! That bat will split in two! Ya know! Like the kid with The Golden Arm ! Afroman chuckles " The only thing you'll break is your arm. Don't believe everything you see in the Movies" I give Afroman a disappointed look " But isn't that how you learned to fight? " Afroman's grin turns into a frown, his eyes get really intense like he was having a FLASHBACK ! "No little man" I stop my exercises " How then ?" Afroman comes out of his Kata stance, walks over , pats me on the head and says " Vietnam little man Vietnam"


Couple of days later in the lunchrom at school one of my classmates Sunboy decided he wanted to take a shot at playing the Dozens with me in front of my peers. Since I couldn't really fight my mouth became a lethal weapon. Long story short I ended up calling his mother a WRINKLED FRENCH FRY! Grantlove and Good & Plenty being the instigators that they were laughed real hard " YOU GONNA LET SLISH SAY THAT ABOUT YO OLD ASS MOMMA" Sunboy was HUGE for his age and had a reputation for laying kids OUT! He Stands up, points in my direction, eyebrows tight! " YOU WAIT UNTIL WE GET OUTSIDE! "

I take a deep breath, shake my head at Grantlove and Good & Plenty " Why ya'll have to go and make it worse by laughing so hard!" Good & Plenty " It was funny! " I suck my teeth, get up from the lunch room table and walk outside with caution! As soon as I hit the schoolyard Sunboy grabs me by my jacket and starts spinning me around. I somehow wiggled my way out of that jacket and TOOK OFF!! He chased me around that schoolyard with Vigor! Although I was faster. Sunboy had better Stamina. I was getting tired and couldn't keep it up for too much longer. As I'm running for my LIFE! Afroman's image appears out of nowhere sorta Like Obi Wan . " Slishy stop running, turn around and use that boys momentum against him." I stop dead in my tracks, turn around and face Sunboy. I plant both my feet firmly on the concrete. Sunboy starts picking up speed. I take a breath! Sunboy is about 1 foot away! I reach out, grab his jacket real tight, use his own strength against him and throw him to the concrete HEAD FIRST!

Sunboy is on the floor holding his head. I check to see if he's bleeding. No blood splatter. I move in a little a closer to make sure he's okay. Sunboy looks up at me " Im really gonna kick yo ass now!" DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! Where is a NUN when you need one! The school bell rings signaling the lunch period is over. Whew! Saved by the bell literally!


I get home from school really excited about what I had done. I couldn't wait to tell Afroman the news. Then I hear loud noises coming from Afroman's apt. I kneel down on the floor and place my ear to the carpet so I could listen. " Come here BITCH! What I tell you about talking back to me!" Slap! I hear Afroman's wife cry out in pain then the sound of furniture moving. Afroman's wife must have been trying to get way from him. My stomach was tied up in knots. I felt betrayed. It was like he was hitting my own mother. My father walks in on me while I was on the floor. "Slishy get YUH BACKSIDE OFF THE FLOOR NOW! " I quickly get up pointing towards the carpet " Dad listen. " Slish Sr " I already now. Now go upstairs to your room." I slowly walk up the stairs thinking to myself " What would make a man want to hurt someone he loved. I mean my dad got upset with my mother all the time, but he never hit her. Then I remember Afroman's last words to me

" Vietnam little man Vietnam"

24 Comments:

Blogger Consistently Inconsistent... said...

Wow, thats a tough one. It's like finding out Santa Claus doesn't exist. You hate to realize your hero is somewhat of a fallen soldier.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

that one had me all choked up. i was really into the story and liking lil slish's gangsta, but then i saw the glass crash in front of him as he heard those heinous words.

it really is a shame what a person can do to someone they love.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Consistent I felt like shit after that. He seemed so cool so together when he was around me..But he had demons not even he could control...

@ Blu Jewel...lol @ Gangsta Slish you mean lke scared shitless Slish tired from running from the enemy..lol

As For Afroman He had a whole lot of issues..Dude was just stressed out!!! Still no excuse to beat your wife...:(

8:08 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I hate when the hero is human and has flaws. Poor Slishy.

But you did almost beat the big kid up!

9:04 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

Not flexible. Cool- means you ain't doing no "gay" stuff we would be "concerned" 'bout.

No stamina. "Houston, we have a problem." I hope you've improved those childhood stats since adulthood. At least the stamina part...

LOL

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Yeah...I agree with 1969. Ruins a good story!

Why didn't Good and Plenty & Grantlove help you whup that kid?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

I knew there was more to this story when I read the first part a few days ago..and thanks for not making us wait too long...my dad fought in Vietnam and lets just say we all keep our distance from him...and good for you..turning around and facing your fate..u lucky that bell rang LOL!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

I have to say when you described Afroman, I had a feeling he had some not so good stuff going on.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ 1969 Everyone is flawed.I just didn't know Afroman was broken in HALF!!!

I didn't beat that kid up...lol I defended myself..You should see Sunboy now. Dude has like no body fat. He's bouncer and head of lost prevention at a Costco in Queens..Lucky for me we're very good friends till this day...

@ Pro Naw still can't touch my toes till this very day. As for stamina all I gotta do is switch positions..wink

@ Opinionated Diva Those two help me! Ha! Back then they lived to see someone get they're ass Whupped! I think they knew deep down I could handle myself. :)

@ GG There is always more to every story..lol Oh btw I turned around because I was TIRED!!! lol

@ Shai You psychic? ...lol

10:36 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

That is sad. So many men come back from war ill equipped to deal with what they saw and did during war times. Those memories can wreck havoc on familites. Sad story.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

No, not psychic. LOL. I do get vibes off some stuff. Or maybe I read too much and like to guess ahead. LOL.

I am not playin though, I had this feeling old boy had some deep issues.

You are a good storyteller.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Slish, I wanna see these rassclot story dem pon the big screen! LOL.

Afroman seemed to have a dark side. I think because you painted him as perfect in the beginning.
But I didn't see that coming.

My dad's a Vietnam vet, too. Up to now, he still won't talk about it.

War wreaks havoc on a man.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

I'm saying...a know a brotha must have endured a thing or two in Vietnam but that's NO excuse for putting your hands on a loved one.

That is just SAD!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::shudder::

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lola Gets said...

I think the fact that Lil Slish learned something negative about one of his heroes makes this story a great one! That experience can teach one sooo many things about life. Just one being that everyone has both good and bad in them.
L

3:16 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh fighting at school...that was my past time specialty until i reached about my junior year of high school.

my dad taught me early not to run because i'll need my strength later..which is why i have this ugly scar on my arm from fighting oliver tuggle but that's for my blog...as for yours.

afroman sounds like a cast member from the movie dead presidents!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Miz JJ I know it was sad..But the story gets deeper..This is the part I left out..later on my daddy told Afroman he had to go. Afroman freaked out!!! Threatened my pops and everything! Lets just say they were sirens everywhere...

@ Shai Still think you're psychic...Thank you for the compliment on my story telling...Now when you gonna hook me up with a PUBLISHER!!! lol

@ Ms Lee Lol..Why you wanna see this story pon di big screen!!

Its funny my boy called me yesterday. He's an up and coming director. He wants to turn some of my blog posts into an internet/you tube television series...lol I said yeah Riiiight..knowing him he'll get it done...:)

@ Ms.Behaving You are so right about that one...

@ B.good. Creepy I knoooow...:)

@ Lola It taught me a lot..But what taught me more was when my Pops stood up to him and told him he had to leave...When he said no..MY father bat in HAND!! "We'll about that!!! You may know kung fu but I know BAT FU!!!" He left the next day...

@ Aunt Jackie LOL..Maybe thats why I liked that movie so much

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Why do I wanna see it? Are u reading your own stories?! They are off the hook!

YouTube series, huh? Big tings! LOL. Who's gonna play you?????

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Ms Lee...I don't know? We held auditions once before and picked this light skinnned to play me...He's was really good too..We dropped the ball and the project fell through..

I do re-read my stories and chuckle to myself sometimes. Wishing I could see it on T.V. Maybe I write them that way purposely never really thought about it till now...Hmm its a thought...

5:37 PM  
Blogger Dondasaurus Rex said...

ohmigosh that is so sad...you must have been so hurt! did you ever talk to afroman again?

9:31 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

Ms. Lee brought up the point about war wreaking havoc on vets. I just had a convo with "Mr. Pro" and I think that goes double for ex-cons. Like what do they do after having been locked up for 15 years and then they are released? Mr. Pro knows a dude from the hood who will be released at the end of the month. He been gone 12 yrs. I told him it takes a "special" woman to hook-up with someone out the joint. As was Afroman's wife.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Ok, some say I have ESP. LOL.

As for a publisher, I know some. Funny though, a sista still doesn't have her poetry book ready. LOL.

10:51 AM  
Blogger BK said...

lawd gawd slish.. you got me here DYING.. can't even call di CDC now cause they will NOT u nderstand what I am asking them LMAO

sad about your hero though.. Afroman got major issues.. vietnam my ras.. no excuse to hit his wife.. she must not have been from di islands.. or nobody didn't teach her about hot oil down his ears when he sleeping..

*oops I let that one slip*

11:21 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Damn Damn Damn. *smh*

That is a shame. Vietnam did f*ck people up, my bio-father included. But, it's no excuse for harming innocent people. That must have been the biggest let-down.

*huggs*

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home